Vs Grey Knights

Ulrock

First game against a GK player. I usually run death company with jump packs heavy with either a fire raptor or knight. I'm thinking of doing a 5 pod list with 3 meltacides 2 tacs with flamers. Rest a mixed bag. What are their big scary units and what are best counters beside a death company chainsword to the face!

You can expect a lot of psychic shenanigans, potentially an entire army of 2+ saves, T6 MCs and pretty solid output at 24" and melee, but literally nothing beyond that. However, do not let that deceive you. GK seem slow, but they can be very fast. They roll for deep strike reserve T1, the Dreadknight can move 12" and jump 30" once per game. Same for their incerceptors. They all have force weapons, to a man, and all their dudes have AP3 melee, thus they can easily deny you armour saves and FnP. They are also not limited to melee. They do ranged combat fairly and they can keep you away for a few turns to thin your ranks.

Those are a few things to look out for.

I play agaisnt Grey Knights alot and I find their bark is worse than their bite.

Take plenty of melta, plenty or grav and sniper scouts for your troops.

This is my usual tactic; your milage my vary.

• Drop meltacide squads ontop of the Dreadknight(s) turn one and melta them off the face of the earth.

• Grav bikes are perfect for staying just our of charge range whilst still being able to hail down a but load of ap2 shots.

• Sniper scouts to use up your troop tax. Give them camo cloaks and infiltrate them onto objectives. If they get shot at, go to ground for a tasty 2+ cover save. If they dont get shot at, you can occasionally get a few lucky rending hits.

• Storm Ravens with Lascannon / Multimeltas. use them to hunt characters. They have very little anti-air.

Good luck brother, let us know how the game goes.

Yeah, I hear they absolutely hate our extra initiative as it can remove a lot of their expensive models before they strike.

I'd even say that a LC terminator squad could be a good investment against them. Strike first, shred, S5, WS5 with a priest. They don't have THAT much ap2 on thier basic guys either.

Hell, seeing as they don't really have much good shooting you could even pull off the Sanguinor!

You can expect a lot of psychic shenanigans, potentially an entire army of 2+ saves, T6 MCs and pretty solid output at 24" and melee, but literally nothing beyond that. However, do not let that deceive you. GK seem slow, but they can be very fast. They roll for deep strike reserve T1, the Dreadknight can move 12" and jump 30" once per game. Same for their incerceptors. They all have force weapons, to a man, and all their dudes have AP3 melee, thus they can easily deny you armour saves and FnP. They are also not limited to melee. They do ranged combat fairly and they can keep you away for a few turns to thin your ranks.

Those are a few things to look out for.

Mostly, people underestimate the speed of GK. A solid GK list built around Dreadknights, Interceptors, Terminators, Librarians and Draigo can get in your deployment zone turn 1 (and that's without reserve deep striking). Or move 30" away the turn before you're going to assault. or Gate out of combat to shoot you, then assault again

So roughly this is what I was thinking.

Lib dreadnaught or maybe even astorath

Lib jump pack

2 9-10 man death company with a fist in each

2 scout sniper squads

3 meltacides

Fire raptor or imperial knight

Potential some vindicators also.

Archived