Forgeworld purchase help

Moggimus

Hi folks, just after a bit of input on what you think should be my next forgeworld purchase.

So far I have the following:

Relic Sicaran

Deredeo

Fire Raptor

Knight Castigator

Whirlwind Scorpius

Contemptor

Have all the doors, razorback turrets and infantry upgrades too.

I'm not going to shell out for another Sicaran just in case the rumours are true that a plastic one will be released by GW next year.

I will definitely be getting a leviathan dread with claw and drill, undecided on whether or not to get the cannons aswell to magnetise. Also looking at getting a couple of the quad mortars which I figure I can also use as Thunderfire cannons when I want to ally in some vanilla marines.

So from there I'm basically looking at maybe a couple of javelin speeders, or a typhon/spartan, maybe q fellblade which would be awesome but dunno how much use i would get out of it in regular 40k games, also like the land raider Prometheus. So anyway yeah, any thoughts and suggestions would be awesome because right now I can't decide.

Cheers

How about a Chaplain and/or IAv2SE? ;)

Of what you've listed, go for the Typhon. People who own them love them (their opponents, not so much), they are cheap points-wise and who doesn't love tanks? They've also recently been remade, so the tracks come attached these days.

I have the book, forgot to mention that, and the new chaplain is on the list for my flgs order :)

Yeah I am very tempted by the typhon, I watched a batrep on YouTube recently, think it was tabletop tactics, great channel. Anyway it is a beast, that much damage ignoring cover... Wow. Only thing stopping me is the pretty ugly model and the fact that I don't own a massive blast template >.< The attached tracks is a huge bonus though, I've seen some pretty poorly assembled ones just due to warped tracks.

Forgot to mention I was also looking at getting a dreadnought drop pod, but for the same price I can get 3 normal drop pods, so I emailed forgeworld asking them if they'd sell me one for half price since I'd be placing a decent order. No reply yet but it doesn't hurt to be cheeky! :p

Yeah I agree it does look a bit on the chubby side, I just like the idea of having a different model to use as a lucius pod and I'm not really into the whole plasticard remodelling thing. The jet bikes are nice but I already have a bunch of bikes so would rather something a bit more unique I guess.

The javelins are great, same price as a regular speeder with a typhoon launcher but better! Can't go wrong, just a shame it's relic of the armoury, would be great if you could take a unit of 1-3 as one relic slot

Do you find your marine gunners getting picked off easily though? As far as I can tell that's the big downside to stationary guns, atleast with a Thunderfire cannon you have a Techmarine with a bit more suvivability, and +1 ballistic still to boot.

Yeah that's true, no cheap options for them on Aussie eBay though unfortunately, even looking at international postage.

Does anyone have any experience with the fellblade? I love the model and it would make a great centrepiece.

It looks like an elongated version of the early predators. It's also number 1 on my Xmas list.

The Cerberus looks interesting too. Big gun goes BOOM!!!

Trouble with the Cerberus is it looks like a bit of a one trick pony, if your opponent doesn't bring big tanks, it's a bit of a waste

True. And at 395 pts before upgrades (460 if you take the hunter killer missile, additional lascanons, and heavy bolter), it is an expensive one trick pony.

This said you could always use it to shoot your enemies commander / psyker / monsterous creature / champion / whatever in the face (and be pretty sure they'll die).

It's a bit of a "peanut meet sledgehammer" scenario, but if you've tabled it, you may as well get some fun out of it.

Yeah that's true, no cheap options for them on Aussie eBay though unfortunately, even looking at international postage.

Does anyone have any experience with the fellblade? I love the model and it would make a great centrepiece.

It looks like an elongated version of the early predators. It's also number 1 on my Xmas list.

The Cerberus looks interesting too. Big gun goes BOOM!!!

Trouble with the Cerberus is it looks like a bit of a one trick pony, if your opponent doesn't bring big tanks, it's a bit of a waste

True. And at 395 pts before upgrades (460 if you take the hunter killer missile, additional lascanons, and heavy bolter), it is an expensive one trick pony.

This said you could always use it to shoot your enemies commander / psyker / monsterous creature / champion / whatever in the face (and be pretty sure they'll die).

It's a bit of a "peanut meet sledgehammer" scenario, but if you've tabled it, you may as well get some fun out of it.

I own a Cerberus and have fielded it twice outside of Apocalypse. Sadly, in a regular game your opponent can afford to ignore it - everything you'd want to shoot with it has an invulnerable save and/or FnP against it.

Or maybe I haven't quite worked out how to use it yet rolleyes.gif

That's pretty much what I suspected, quite a lot of points for something a vindicator laser destroyer can do probably just as well. Does anyone know if you can fit a normal vindicator siege shield on the rapier laser destroyer version? I wouldn't mind getting one of them but I don't like the silly little Dozer blade thing on the front of the model.

Archived