Curious about the current codex.

MaleOpener

Doing great!cool.png

It's not top tier but it's close enough for the average player not to feel dirty using it. tongue.png

You can make lots of different lists (as usual) but this time around lists look more solid no matter the wing or mix of wings you choose.

In my meta I've decided I have to move away from solid ravenwing. I face Tau (though not the new dex yet), orcs, chaos marines and demons (no deamonkin), Dark Angels, guard, mechanicum and two knight titans in the guard/mechanicum armies and the chaos marine army. I have yet to loose with ravenwing. I'm going to try and run a tri-wing list to try and bring me down to their level.

In my meta I've decided I have to move away from solid ravenwing. I face Tau (though not the new dex yet), orcs, chaos marines and demons (no deamonkin), Dark Angels, guard, mechanicum and two knight titans in the guard/mechanicum armies and the chaos marine army. I have yet to loose with ravenwing. I'm going to try and run a tri-wing list to try and bring me down to their level.

Im curious what sort of Ravenwing lists you run that never loses to some of these.  I struggle with Tau quite a bit with pure ravenwing even with our speed and jink (if i ever get to use it with all the ignores cover).

Sammy, 4x full strength RWAS(6xbikes with specials and combi, MMAB, Typhoon or Tornado), 3xTyphoons +LSV(new for 7th) in RWSS, add RWCS?BKs when I go to 2000 or above.

Strategy is simple, CHARGE!!! and use all the terrain,  tools, tricks and formation shenanigans available too. Whilst I don't play against top tier Riptide spam lists but still plenty of ignores cover and AP3 pie-plates to avoid.

Sammy, 4x full strength RWAS(6xbikes with specials and combi, MMAB, Typhoon or Tornado), 3xTyphoons +LSV(new for 7th) in RWSS, add RWCS?BKs when I go to 2000 or above.

Strategy is simple, CHARGE!!! and use all the terrain,  tools, tricks and formation shenanigans available too. Whilst I don't play against top tier Riptide spam lists but still plenty of ignores cover and AP3 pie-plates to avoid.

Thanks for sharing. Def. would add a rwcs for plasmaclaws and rw-banner (if needed)

The last version I played was 2 RWSF. First one; sableclaw, Dark Talon and jetfighter with las. Second was 6 bikers with 2x grav, sarge with power lance and AB with multi-melta, 3 bikes with 2x grav, 3 black knights, 6 man command with apothecary, 2x LSV with assault cannons and RW banner with interrogator-chaplain with mace and bolt pistol and 2x level 2 libbys both with force axes, conversion fields and melts bombs. 2000 points of speeding death. My last opponent was nurgel mech heavy. Killed or immobilized everything my turn one and poor typhus stood alone against the command squad after they shoot his termy squad to oblivion and then slammed into him. My poor opponent didn't realize that even though we were in a challenge, with nothing else to hit the whole squad would be attacking him.

Archived