Necron Modeling ideas

majorglory76

Trying to make a Necron army with some customization for flavor, but need some ideas. Using Wraiths and Destroyers as my base theme. They both are great units in game and I already have several of each to start with. Played them back in 3rd and 4th edition.

What I got so far, (will try and upload some pics later.

Warriors, just use the upper body, old Mechanical disc of Tzeentch as the legs, makes it look like a mini-destroyer. Caught a good deal years back from GW trolls on just the discs long time ago.

Immortals, use a Tau drone top, with guitar string as "legs" hanging down, immortal body top. Mixing the Wraith and Destroyer look.

Triarch Stalker, using an old bitz set GW sold as a Defiler years back before the defiler model was released, Tomb spyder body as a base, Ork Dread arms as legs, lots of various other parts including some from Epic line, actually will have to take off some weapons to make it right. A large model, but sleek on profile.

Ideas I really need:

Tomb Spyders: I want a new look, still trying to tie in either Wraith of Destroyer look into it. No solid ideas as of yet. One idea I was thinking was go with Matrix bot look, but not locked into the idea. Also thought about using Lich guard shields or Praetorian Weapons as legs. I could use the top halves on my Immortals

Tomb Blades: same as Spyder. Idea I was looking into was a flying saucer look with 2 large flying bases with filler plates to bulk up. Got stuck from there. Maybe Tau Turrets on both sides? A whole new idea would be great too.

Ghost Ark and Night Scythes: not much thought put into them yet, so a blank slate here. Like the Scythe model, so not too worried there, but would like at least some modification. Ghost Ark is meh, so I really would like some new thoughts.

Any other units I would like to hear some ideas to steal borrow

Unfortunately, the B&C is a Chaos/Humanity based board only, which means a xenos-based thread would be shut down. However, if you search about there are several other sites/forums that will be able to assist :)

Archived