Failed search - can you help with FW DA plans?

marvmoogy

Hi all, 

Just had a search to no avail :-(

I'm assuming there will be a Lion Primarch miniature and also a DA-specific Contemptor...all the other legion releases so far have included these two as well as at least 1 more to form the Character Series.

Looking at the Contemptor, do we have any info on when we will get ours?  I want to build a talon of 3 contemptors for my Deathwing force....I have 2 (1x BAC and 1x Relic) and would like the third to be DA-specific.... I just don't want to wait for years haha!

Cheers, 

Moogy

dark angels only get specific variants on existing things like the mortis its very unlikely we will ever get anything all our own. which is fine the space wolves and blood angels dont either.

if you want a fighter for the dark angels the xiphon is probably where to go, and if your running heresy rules the stormbird is absurdly broken and you would be missing a heck of a plane not taking one. 40k marines however may not take a stormbird they were all lost during the fighting in the heresy with new models rendered impossible to build

you said plane not plans XD someone hit me please...

its very unlikely we will see forgeworld touch on our legion for a long while yet. the dark angels dont actually do much during the actual heresy that was recorded very much, until the war on caliban which doesnt happen until pretty much after the heresy is over. i find it incredibly difficult to fathom a world where we see the horus heresy books cover the war on caliban until... over 6 -8 months from now maybe even a year and thats being as honest as i can and assuming no side projects or delays, or even something like GW demanding they put out another age of sigmar model or three

But like I've said, it's unlikely that FW has any plans for what they produce...

Just look the last conference report during the last open day. GW guys explained the conception process of a codex : someone come with a design of something and say "hey guys, let's make rules for this cool model".

They don't have plans, they just react on production of new models.... If the designer makes a dread they make a dread, if he made a flyer they made a flyer...

Actually if they had retro planning and all this kind of thing, do you think they would eventually make all those kind of dreads? (Furioso, deredeo, contemptor, space wolves fury dread etc etc) no they would just have produced conversion sets for standard dreads and would new models of various types and various armies but no they produce a zillions of walkers for a zillions of sm chapters.

Playing warhammer is a bet. Not only when you roll dice but also when you choose what army you'll be collecting...

You guys appear to be talking more about the FW 40k approach. The FW HH approach--which relates directly to the DA Contemptor--is most definitely planned.

That said, we have no idea on what the plan is for DA miniatures. We know DA are in the next HH book (due Q1 2016) and we know this book won't contain unique units or characters so it likely won't be accompanied by any miniatures.That's why we recently received our legion specific upgrades: to tide us over because it's going to be a long time before we get other miniatures.

As for the Contemptor specifically, a legion specific variant only comes out after that legion receives HH rules. We don't expect to see full legion rules until book 8 at the earliest (likely early 2017) so you're likely going to be waiting for quite some time.

Archived