Relic leviathan

shaun03

Anyone looking at taking one? Model can be used in both 30/40k so worth adding to collection.

There costly no doubt about that but could hold there own depending on how you set them up.

The CC build is sort of redundant giving our CC strength as army wide.

The storm cannon could lend us some high power shooting we lack, 6 ap 3 S7 shots with sunder, double it for 12 ap 3 S7 shots, is down right nasty. The main draw back other points is range. 24 is not that great and it's slow being a walker. So drop pod is worthy investing but leaving isolated to swarmed, or attaching to raven but that's getting pricey and eggs in one basket. Plus there no clear cut ruling on if it can ride in raven FW hadn't email me back yet saying yes or no.

So looking at trying one out. Once I get my next FW order in.

Storm Cannon and then your choice of combat weapon depending on meta fits best for 40k.

Or you keep it cheap with one of each combat weapon, pod it in where your enemy least wants it and watch them cry as it absorbs ungodly amounts of fire and can ruin literally anythings day.

I love the model, but I'm hesitant to get one to use for anything besides fun or a display model. With a few upgrades it's close to an Imperial Knight in point cost, while being slower, less survivable and having less and damage output. As it's not a super-heavy it is quite vulnerable to being immobilized, especially with the abundance of grav in most 40k metas.

In 30k it might be better, especially with the phosphor launcher, but sadly that's not played much here.

It has drop pod access and some good ranged output though, which is what makes it strong. An opponent might have two turns to stop a Knight from reaching them but with a pod (or even better a Dread Pod) they have to kill the pod before they kill the dread and he can shoot out.

Until we are told otherwise, the Leviathan Dreadnought is a Dreadnought and seeing how the Stormraven (and a 40k Drop Pod for that matter) can carry a Dreadnought of any type, it's RAW.

General consensus is one storm cannon and one claw/drill, with the claw arguably being favourable but that's meta dependent. Play it like you would a Fragioso and someone with far too much time on their hands wrote a guide/review for it here.

Yes grav for 30k is way to go,

For 40k you can get 3 hunter killer missles for only 15. Not to bad but I think a typo.

Also they take dreadnought drop pods for DT. Which come with shroud so if you drop that pod in front line of sight everything they try to shoot thur gets the shourded bonuse save. Doesn't effect him much he 4++ anyway but other things dropping in, plus it works against inceptor list.

While his price is entering knight level, I think he better to add no LoW choice smaller and might sneak by if someone doesn't know what is about to do to them. Plus Knights just scream shoot me.

80mm base means he will be in CC in no time even if you walk him up the field.

Haha nope, good analogy. I was referring to overall foot print of model taking up more space and thus being able to reach more, Tau players in the area find away to hide model being peice of flock if they could.

It like when the gore pack drop for daemonkin and flesh hounds are now on 50mm based they take up more space and have great chance of reach when some tries to tuck and hide there models.

If your ever played Warhammer Fantasy back when the infamous zombie Congo line was a thing, picture a tau player doing that hiding behind anything and everything.

Archived