Blood Angels Terminator Armor Captain (Looking for opinions)

BrainFireBob

Karlaen is a nicely detailed mini, but the more I look at him the more I'm convinced he needs reposing. Since he needs that anyway, might as well re-arm him while you're at it, right? He'd be a good base for a conversion, like Zeller said.

Then again, the BA terminator kit has so much great stuff in it that you could almost certainly kitbash a great looking captain just using that.

While his lack of a SS, combi-weapon, or at I power weapon is lamentable, his rules are freaking ace. Budget HQ, at least for a terminator clad one, Master-craft on his hammer, counter-attack, and one of the best warlord traits for BA, +1 to sieze and re-roll any reserves. His only problem is finding a place to put him, since he's limited to deep striking, land raiders, and stormravens for transport.

I think storm shields on terminator captains that have an iron halo already is diminishing returns, do I always pick more weapons or options. I would go with either maul plus relic weapon to make an I5 infantry murderer or chain/power fist and lightning claw for a multi role fighter. You're benefitting from the higher attacks stat by pairing weapons and making what is good about him better, and both options give some flexibility in target choice.

If he's your warlord the veritas vitae is pretty much mandatory. I'm not a big fan of putting one shot combo weapons on him even with a bs of 5 because my HQs on blood angels usually fight combats more than once, but a combi is only useful once.

Actually Valors Edge and Power Lance is best. S5 Ap3 I6 on charge, S4 Ap2 I5 afterwards.

S6 on the charge, actually. Lance is a +1 and Furious Charge is too!

Or take a relic blade for S6 ap3 all the time?

OP - I like Karlaen, he's cheap, and his warlord trait adds to the angels. I've recently finished 3 terminator sqauds and a reposed Karlaen if you want to take a look, theyre in my plog/signature.

• 4 weeks later...

You get one power weapon when you purchase the Captain's terminator armour. Just switch out the storm bolter for the Valour's edge and done.

Yep.  Take Power Lance with Terminator Armor, then switch Storm Bolter for Valour's Edge.  Use Lance when charging for S6 AP3, then Valour's Edge afterwards for S5 AP2.  Best captain ever.

Archived