Ravenwing AS reserves and DWK Smite (rules questions)

jlmb_123

Hi guys,

I've two questions, the first concerning the Ravenwing Attack Squadron.

If the RWAS Scouts and uses Outflank, when rolling to see which side of the table the miniatures arrive on do you:

A: Roll once for the whole squadron, who all arrive on the same side together;

B: Twice, once for the Bike squadron (however it's made up and if it's split in combat squads or not) and once for the Land Speeder;

C: Up to four times: Once for each combat squad bike unit, once for a combat squad Attack Bike and once for the Land Speeder.

Secondly, Deathwing Knights' Mace of Absolution has Smite, but I can't find the rule in the 7th ed. rulebook or in Codex:DA. I know it existed in 6th ed. (which I didn't play but I had the rulebook) and is referenced as such here (on the B&C in 2013). Has it been included in the Mace's rules despite being removed from the game?

Regards,

Jon Barnes

C: You roll for each combat squad and for the landspeeder separately.

The smite rule is in the mace description at the back of the dark angels codex.

Speeder doesn't have scout so they have to come on on your board edge or Deep strike

Dark Shroud does though so it can as can the formation if you take it

Page 151 for the smite mace rule

I generally don't use it even against Terminators because I try flood my opponent with Attacks from the Charge especially if they have storm shields, Knights hit on 3's so twin linking them & boosting is my normal route

Speeder doesn't have scout so they have to come on on your board edge or Deep strike

Dark Shroud does though so it can as can the formation if you take it

I think the RWAS can only take a standard Land Speeder or a Vengeance. Darkshrouds can't be in them, only in the Ravenwing Support Squadron (or full Ravenwing formation or other formation such as CAD).

Land speeder in a ravenwing attack squadron does haves scout. Check the formation special rules.

Thanks again. The formation has the "Scout" USR which is added to the individual units' special rules.

I think the RWAS can only take a standard Land Speeder or a Vengeance. Darkshrouds can't be in them, only in the Ravenwing Support Squadron (or full Ravenwing formation or other formation such as CAD).

Land speeder in a ravenwing attack squadron does haves scout. Check the formation special rules.

Thanks again. The formation has the "Scout" USR which is added to the individual units' special rules.

Yay, I helped ;-)

Archived