1k Zone Mortalis Imperial Fists, Starter Army

Lunar Centurion

With the BA not coming out for a while, I've decided to do my second legion first. The Fists! I want to do a ZM list that's fluffy, but doesn't suck. It's supposed to be a Battle Of Phall list. Here goes:

HQ: Alexis Polux 165pts

Troops: Phalanx Warders 370pts

-10 Power Axes

-1 Thunder Hammer (On sgt)

-Vexilla

Troops: Tactical Squad 190pts

-Power Fist

-Artificer Armor

-Vexilla

Elites: Contemptor Dreadnought 185pts

-Kheres Assault Cannon

Elites: Rapier Battery 60pts

-Quad Mortar

Hows that for a first list? What should I change?

Having played many games with Imperial Fists in ZM I feel a somewhat qualified to speak about how the Fists perform in ZM.

Though fluffy Phalanx warders full of Axes for their cost are just not up to snuff without our RoW IMHO. If you do not want to run our RoW then would suggest this list:

+++(1000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List ((Zone Mortalis) Combatant) ++

+ HQ +

Alexis Polux

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [Legion Apothecary]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Templar Brethren [9x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, 9x Templar Brethren, Chapter Champion Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Squad [12x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VII: Imperial Fists]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Or if you want a totally fluffy list that is tough as nails then you could try one of the 2 following lists:

+++(1000pts) +++

+ HQ +

Alexis Polux
Master of the Legion [The Stone Gauntlet]

+ Troops +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Artificer Armour]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

Phalanx Warder Squad [Legion Vexilla, 9x Phalanx Warder, 2x Plasma gun, 2x Power Axe, Artificer Armour]

+ Legion +

Though I prefer this one and run it all the time:

+++ "Phalanx Warder's Special" (1000pts) +++

+ HQ +

Delegatus  [Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Melta bombs, The Stone Gauntlet]

+ Troops +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs(Sgt), Artificer Armour]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Artificer Armour]

Phalanx Warder Squad [Legion Vexilla, 14x Phalanx Warder, 3x Plasma gun, 2x Power Axe, Melta Bombs(Sgt), Artificer Armour]

+ Legion +

The idea with the phalanx warders is to put them against terminators, get in their face and rapid fire all of your bolters and plasma, this will prevent you from charging (a good thing) and kill off some of them. Their special rule allows you to take your reaction fire test at +1 I (needing a 6 to fail), you then over watch at full BS with Bolters and Plasma and then hit first in CC. The +1 T form the RoW will help prevent wounds in the shooting and assault phase and keep bodies on the table. Though IF are not considered a top flight Legion I have been told by 3 or more players that they feel over powered in ZM, that my friend is the best advice I can offer you on a totally fluffy IF list. Dreads cause a problem but put your Melta Bombs against them and hope for the best, though polox and this S10 power fist will mince one quickly.

Best of luck and the VIIth welcome you!

Archived