Dark Angels success in League action

rdemings

Good morning, Brothers!  I've been meaning to post small batreps of the games i've played in a local(ish) league.  I'm 5 games in now, with a record of 5-0.  Let's get ya'll up to speed!

Playing 1850, with the following RWSF list

Sammael on corvex

full command squad w/apothecary, and gl

2 full bike squads with 2 grav guns each

2 multi melta attack bikes

3 typhoon speeders

dark talon

fire raptor w/autocannon turrets

RWSS w/darkshroud

4 tornado speeders

Game 1 was against a Sisters/Templars/LoD list

Player forgets to bring his seraphim and LoD in on turn 2, I grav a land raider for FB, and then proceed to kill all of the things.  Tabled him turn 4, no damage dealt to my army...  reroll jink is nice...  10-0 victory

Game 2 was Guard/Inquisition

speeder squadron is in beast mode.  I pop a chimera turn 2 for FB, as well as killing most of his army.  Player conceeds bottom of 3, gets a lucky shot in on the fire raptor and takes a hp.  no other damage.  10-0 victory.

Game 3 was Orks, and I took a full Lions Blade

Game was brutal, and there was a lot of carnage.  A lot.  Including 60+ flamer hits against a bike sqaud...  Popped a battle wagon turn 2 for first blood.  Tabled turn 5, took pretty heavy casualties.  10-0 victory

Game 4 was Deathwing/Ravenwing strike forces combo

support squadron was just wrecking everything.  Doing 20+ wounds on average, it killed a full bike squad turn 1 for FB, and intercepted a termie squad the dropped in and could have cost me the game, wiping them off the board.  player conceeds at turn 4, 10-0 victory

Game 5 was Blood Angels

Intercepted a Furioso dread that podded in, and killed it with the assault cannons on the speeders.  This one went down to the wire, with me losing 3 of the tornado speeders from the support squad because like an idiot, i let them get charged by mephiston and a squad of thundernators.  Tabled turn 5, 10-0 victory

So far, i'm in first in my division, and the entire league (2 divisions, divided geographically) with a perfect score of 5050 points.  second place is 3250 with 4 games in.  I am so excited that we finally got a decent codex!  I've only got 3 more games to go before we start the playoffs...

Well done. 5 out of 5 wins is no mean feat indeed. Let's hope you can keep it going. Yet to face Tau though ;)

Nice RW list btw. Nice to see speeders making a big comeback after largely all-bike lists from the previous Codex :yes:.

The Fire Raptor is such an impressive model. What weapon load out do you use?

Cheers

I

Isaiah, it's a friendly league, and is all done by challenge, so I have a better chance at avoiding the tau and eldar players that can really mess me up. There are only 2 tau players in the league, and they aren't in my division. Got my eyes on the eldar list though. I really think I can squash his wraithguard as they deepstrike in.

I take the auto cannon turrets on the raptor, as they're just too good...

And yes, the raptor is black and white. Fits the ravenwing scheme and my iron hands scheme as well.

Lucifer, I don't have pics currently, but I'll make that happen.

The fire raptor is not ravenwing though so do you have a house rule that lets you take it in a rwsf?

Does it benefit from Chapter Tactics?

And honestly who wouldnt let him take something awesome like that just because of a messy rule? Sure I guess it was home ruled. But right now due to how rules are no one can use FW items outside of CAD so that limits their use extremely.

I use Deredeo and Contemptor in Lions Blade or DWSF or DWRF

Since the model is not in the codex, and does not state that it has the ravenwing rule, I do not take the re roll on my jink saves. No one has objected so far, and if they did, I would bring another dark talon or 2...

Since the model is not in the codex, and does not state that it has the ravenwing rule, I do not take the re roll on my jink saves. No one has objected so far, and if they did, I would bring another dark talon or 2...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so my opponent tonight brought a pretty nasty khorne deamon kin list including the following

D-thirster

2 mauler fiends with tendrils

Soul grinder with warp gaze

Jugger-lord with the cursed axe (turns into a thirster when he dies)

Chaos marine squad in rhino

Bezerker squad in rhino

3 small cultist squads

2 units of khorne dogs (one of 10, one of 11)

My list was the same, but I dropped a typhoon and added a Libby on bike. I win roll off, take second turn, and deploy my support squad in the farthest corner from his thirster and dogs. He scouts the dogs and runs them for a turn 2 assault. My turn I zip them over to other side of the board to stay away from the dogs so I can see my turn 2.

Turn 2 he chases me with the dogs, deploys the bezerker and fires the warp gaze and both havoc launchers at the speeders no damage. Then I bring in the boys. Attack bikes both pin a mauler fiend but he passes the deamon save. Grav from one squad, and plasma from Sammael and the knights finish it off for first blood. The fire raptor, grav from the other squad and the rift cannon drop the thirster to 2 wounds and blinds him! This won me the game turn 3. Speeders kill the soul grinder with assault cannons.

Turn 3 he charges the mauler fiend into my invisible command squad with sammmael and the librarian, takes a wound on over watch. Then charges the thirster in and issues a challenge. I accept with Sammael, hit 4 times, would 4 times, and he fails 3 wounds. Black knights kill the mauler fiend before it can strike. The smaller dog squad and lord charge my typhoons and kill them. The other dog squad charges my support squad as does the marine squad and kills 2 speeders. I shift my flyers so I can kill some cultists and dogs, rift cannon wipes a n entire squad of cultists off the board, fire raptor kills a few dogs and pops a rhino. Support squad shuffles over and kills all but 3 cultists on his crusade objective. Attack bikes move in to the center of the board as does the command group. Attack bikes explode rhino, command group kills some more dogs. Both of the bike squads moved away from the dogs and lord, and one rips up a cultist squad leaving 2, while the other group of bikers kill another dog from the lords group.

Turn 4 he charges both dog packs into my invisible command squad and kills 1 knight. I kill lots of dogs, including 3 from a force axe. Hit and run out of combat. My turn 4 I hover talon and turn to the dogs and lord killing several bases with the rift cannon and hurricane bolters. The fire raptor kills off the rest of the dogs from both squads. He attempts to summon a thirster with things points by sacrificing one of his last 3 cultists, fails, summons a spawn instead, and it dies to interceptor. I then mop up the remaining cultists and all but one of the bezerker.

Turn five he summons more dogs with blood tithe points, I intercept and they all die. Opponent concedes.

Have to say, I was kind worried about the speed of the dogs and my null deploy... If I hadn't won the roll for deployment and made him take first turn, I might have been in trouble. Currently in the lead again with my last opponent in 2ND. 2 games to go before playoffs.

I've only just realised that summoning counts as deep striking and the RWSS could intercept deepstriking demons. ohmy.png

Good results! I really like how you took no damage in those first games. I had one game like that with an all Ravenwing force. Then my regular opponent started bringing more stuff with ignores cover.

I lost more in this game than in the all the others, 4 speeders and a black knight.

The null deploy, coupled with the almost invincible support squad is really throwing people off. That, and I make saves like a boss...

Thing is I don't play the support squadron as most people do. I generally try to get it into the middle of my board half to discourage deep strike shenanigans in my turf.

The summoning on his part went really bad for him, failing the leadership roll and getting a spawn instead of a thirster was the final nail. My command squad would have finished with it off easily anyway. Bringing in the hounds was a last ditch attempt for him, and him placement was good, there was just no where he could put them that I wouldn't have been able to intercept.

And as a bonus, my game 4 opponent played a 1000pt game against a white scars army, and put down a serious hurt, over twenty bikes, taking minimal casualties

The last time I had a big game vs orks was with the last codex, I essentially took a lions blade (before there was such a thing) with three ten man tactical squads grouped around a command squad with the old dakka banner. Watching trukks pop under the weight of all that salvo fire, and then the boys getting out and being torn to pieces by the next combat squad, was a glorious sight. I long to do it again with full BS over watch. And the reports of you doing that exact thing fill my heart with glee.

Archived