Dark Angels success in League action

rdemings

Just a little update, the demonkin player from my last game is now in first place with a 6-2 record, at 7039 points to my 6060 points with a 6-0 record.  i've got 2 games lined up this week, with possibly a 3rd in the works.  The dark angel player from my 4 round has challenged me to a rematch, and will be running a similar list.  we'll see if he's taken my advice on his list building...

...and then there's Coastal Assault coming at the end of the month in sunny Florida...

A little question about your bikes. The regular sort. How did they perform? Did you run them 6 in one unit? Or did you include the attack bike and Combat squad them? I am still not certain what to think of regular RW bikes compared to their WS counterparts.

Game 7 i was challenged to a rematch by the DA player from game 4.  his list as follows

Support Squadron

Darkshroud

3 Tornado speeders

2 typhoon speeders with mm

RWSF

lvl2 libby, auspex, conversion field

command squad with champion, apothocary and grenade launcher (6)

attack bike with melta

attack bike with melta

bike squad with grav, 4 bikes (x4)

2 nephilims, one with tl las and IWND legacy

I brought the following as he requested a hard list

RWSF

lvl2 librarian force axe conversion field, auspex

command squad with apothecary, champion, and grenade launcher

2 full bike squads with 2 grav ea

dark shroud

Allied Detachment

Asmodai

scouts with flakk missile

Fellblade with Keylak legacy

aegis line with quad gun

He deploys first, and takes 2nd turn scouting the speeders out of LOS as much as possible, i deploy asmodai on the quad gun with the scouts on a maelstrom objective, and the fellblade opposite to get fire lines on speeders.

my turn 1 kill a speeder with the quad gun, and 2 more with the fell blade.

he moves and turbo boosts to get out of los

turn 2 my strike force comes in and i get set up for board control and t3 charges.  kill another speeder, and put 2 hps on the darkshroud.

his stuff comes in and i intercept one of the nephilims with asmodai on the quad gun, ignoring cover and killing it.  first blood,  and he kills a black knight out of my command squad.

turn 3 i shoot down the other nephilim (with the quad gun that should not have been able to fire, i remembered post game), killed and attack bike with grav fire, tear up the command squad with the fell blade leaving the apothecary and a single knight, and charge a bike squad killing it.

he moves away with the bikes setting up to get asmodai and the scouts, kills my darkshroud.

turn 4 i consolidate on objectives, and eliminate the remaining speeders, the attack bike, and another bike squad.

he charges asmodai and the scouts, losing bikes to the quad gun.  the black knights make it into challenge, i swing with asmodai first, blades of reason killing the apothecary before he can swing, the lone scout sergeant kills the last one with a vicious swing of his chainsword.

opponent concedes at this point, 10-0 victory.  The fellblade is a monster...

• 5 weeks later...
Final preliminary game was a quick 10-0 victory top of 3, took 9 librarians. It was dirty. Made the finals with a first round bye, and will be playing the winner of an ork/deamonkin game. I think the deamonkin player will be fielding angrath which could be brutal to watch. I will be bringing either a warhound or the fellblade with the ignores cover legacy...

• 2 weeks later...

Played my last few games, and ended the league with a 10-0 record, and a perfect score. Played my semi final game against an eldar player with de allies, and lots of d flamers. Killed the Archon, spirtseer, and 2 wraithguard with interceptor. Player concedes top of turn 5.

Finals was against the ork player, and he brought weird boys and was summoning deamon... took a lions blade and sky hammer here. Player concedes top of turn 5 with 1 meganob left on board.

Victory for the Lion!

Archived