Night Lords Terror Assault 2.5k

Enigami

Hey guys,

I've been trying to decide on a second army for a while now. I experimented with Night lords in the past but hadn't had much luck. I'd like to run a list by the B&C community. The only thing I'd like to make sure of is that this list is a faster more in your face army than my current gun lineish Death Guard. Other than that I don't care where the list goes.

HQ:

Sevatar 175

Troops:

Terror Squad 335

(9 men total, choom, melta bombs on sarge)

Dreadclaw

Terror Squad 355

(10 men total, choom, melta bombs on sarge)

Dreadclaw

Terror Squad 355

(10 men total, choom, melta bombs on sarge)

Dreadclaw

Elites:

Legion Terminator Squad 245

(Transponder, 2x chain fists, 5x combi plasma)

Legion Rapier Battery 225

(3x rapier batteries, 3x graviton cannons)

Fast Attack:

Lightning 210

(x2 pair krakens, phosphex bomb cluster)

Javelin Attack Speeder Squad 170

(x2 speeders, both with x2 hunter killers)

Jetbikes 240

(x5 bikes total, melta bombs, multi melta)

Heavy Support:

Sicaran Venator

My main concern is anti tank. When I tried NL before it was the hardest thing to accommodate in a terror assault list. I'm afraid the Venator will be priority number one for my opponent and will get decimated immediately.

I also cringe at spending nearly 1200 points on terror squads.

Please comment and criticize! Thanks for all the help.

Well there's an  easy fix to spending 1200pts on terror squads, don't take dreadclaws. Terror assault unlocks legion drop pods for tacticals, veteran tacticals and terror squads, so you can save yourself nearly 200pts there. I also find terror squads don't even need pods, I usually just use infiltrate if you want to save some more points. 

Anti tank certainly is harder to come by with only one heavy support, but you seem to be getting around that just fine. Graviton is my preferred anti tank and it's easy to fit in with terror assault, I usually take dual grav dreadoughts though instead of rapiers. Course that's a lot more expensive. I certainly would be worried about the ventator not lasting long, that's a priority target for everyone. I might consider a deredeo instead-much easier to hide, you get an invul save and it will let your lightning rule the skies. 

As far as the rest of your list goes, I think it's pretty good. Jetbikes fit really well given how a talent for murder works, and I'm a big fan of combi plasma terminators, really makes use of the teleport transponders. 

Archived