The Vth Ride to War

Ironwithout

So I am about to embark on my second 30k army but in all honesty my first real love when it come to Marines. This is also my first attempt with an airbrush so we will see what happens.

This is what is sitting in front of me plus a betrayal for Calth box.

/gallery/image/167046-21199395163-0702abed25-k/]gallery_72636_11351_110337.jpg[/url]

Made a start on 5 marines. I may e use these as the actual tactical squad but to be honest I'm not sure how happy I am with the result just yet.

://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/171837-23601177041-887c368630-k/]gallery_72636_11351_114879.jpg[/url]

I like to think I am a relatively good painter but white is a serious challenge if I'm honest so any tips, thoughts and constructive criticism would be really well received! Especially around weathering White in particular.

Cheers

I think they look great and you've struck a good balance with the red/white. The right hand pattern is very well done and the metallics have come out well too. A few chapter/company/squad/army badge etc markings perhaps on the lower legs/knee areas will break the white up a bit.

Cheers for the comments. I think I'm going to leave these guys for a bit and try something a bit different on the next one and do some greenstuff on the armour and a small amount of fur. I'm also still not sold on those Forgeworld Helmets as they don't really seem to scream White Scars to me. I'll see what I get done today and post up some of my attempts

So I decided I needed to add more character to the marines as they seemed a bit boring so I got the bits box and the greenstuff out and made a start on my Sargeant. He's a bit shiny as once the greenstuff is dry I can wash the vaseline off.

Thoughts?

gallery_72636_11351_269374.jpg

gallery/image/172267-23669466352-f79b9a3843-k/]gallery_72636_11351_280641.jpg[/url]

Also I want to do a custom brotherhood (company) and need help for a name. I was thinking along the lines of Brotherhood of the Comet or Falling star. Any ideas would be great.

Cheers all

Archived