The Shattered Legion

Crazy Eight

Let me begin with a little bit of background about myself.

I first began my journey into the world of Warhammer 40k way back with rogue trader, i still remember the static semi squatting marines .

then i progressed through 2nd & 3rd edition with a rather large ultra marine force but unfortunately i just didn't have the time anymore so i had a break for a few years. 

It was around the time when forge world became popular and they released this fantastic book Anphelion project. the story and art work and most of all the models Red scorpions  got me back into 40k. 

I amassed a rather large army once again of which i still have now with lots of forge world goodness. My resin addiction just grew. My painting skills have progressed since i first started but not display quality but table top which is fine with me.

I joined a local gaming group and there i stayed and still am with to this day.

Which now leads me onto where i am now.

ive been reading the Horus heresy novels  since they started really gets you drawn into the universe of 30k. The books have been getting better and better, and now what with the forge world 30k books as well and the awesome selection of models. Well lets just say my resin addiction has just gone crazy.

Its time to stop amassing Red scorpions and start something new but not new at the same time. I love marines the look of the models medieval knight looking.

So i want to get into 30k but i dont want to do just 1 chapter  no. I have decided to do a shattered legion post Isstvan massacre.

I currently have a good start of models unpainted in various states of construction . I mainly want to go with ultra marines and then mix in Salamanders , Iron hands , Raven guard maybe some death guard and probably a couple of squads of Imperial fists .

so far i have

Alexis Polux

Nathaniel Garro

1  leviathan dreadnought 

1 Ravern guard contemptor 

1 Salamander contemptor 

6 space marine jet bikes 

5 ultramarine invictarus suzerain 

1 legion sicaran battle tank 

20 mk IV marines unbuilt 

5 Iron hands legion gorgon terminators 

5 MKIV detroyers

and an assortment of bits 

This is the beginning of my SHATTERED LEGION.............

Im not sure how to begin so i really need to sit down and work out whats going to be what and which legion . some of it will be no choice obviously as they are legion specific models.

Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated. Let the fun begin 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived