Gav Thorpe interview on Lagacy of Caliban ...

Isiah

It's interesting, however, I fail to see how the end of Legacy of Caliban is "game-changing" for the Dark Angels and the rest of the Unforgiven.

The revelation on what caused the scattering of the Fallen would be a game-changer, in my opinion.

For ten thousand years, the Dark Angels have compromised their honour in order to conduct the Hunt, which they felt was necessary to end the treachery of the Fallen and erase the stigma they left on their Legion. Now they find out that it was that very Hunt that caused the Fallen to be scattered to begin with. If anything is likely to change the mindset of the Unforgiven, it's that revelation.

The revelation on what caused the scattering of the Fallen would be a game-changer, in my opinion.

I guess we'll have to disagree on the impact of the revelation.

Now the Hunt really becomes the Hunt because of their honor, since they were manipulated into participating in the events - the "master strategists" were out-maneuvered - they were not the sole cause of the scattering - Chaos played an even longer game than them. They helped cause the mess, now it really is their mess to clean up. If anything, it makes their motivations even more understandable.

Well I can't comment on much of the Legend of Caliban trilogy because I haven't read it.

But this was interesting for next year:

"Gav: [...] Then I think the HH novel, Angels of Caliban, will be out sometime in the first half of next year, though I’m not one hundred per cent sure of that."

Well I can't comment on much of the Legend of Caliban trilogy because I haven't read it.

But this was interesting for next year:

"Gav: [...] Then I think the HH novel, Angels of Caliban, will be out sometime in the first half of next year, though I’m not one hundred per cent sure of that."

I know, I should not be excited... this leads to hope... which might lead to disappointment... but I cannot help it. drool.gif

Game changer would be if he left DA alone. He did already enough damage. tongue.png

That said, the Trilogy wasn't bad, except for the Hollywood end. I ill be looking forward to see how the knots will be untied.

The books were like cheap action flicks. Space Marines acted and bickered like teenagers in high school trying to one up each other on who is cooler. None acted like a post human super soldiers. Everyone acted like its their first time seeing a chaos marine and as if they never heard of chaos. Tactical Marines were made out to be total generic troopers. A lot of things were just shoehorned and forced into the novels to seem like references. Belial was made out to be another angry marine rather than a precision tactician he is known to be. Asmodai was quite convincing though, I liked Sapphon too. Azrael was adequate at best The marine that was turned into Dreadnought was badass and his story was the best. The worst part of the novel though is how dumb everyone seems... its just in a lot of interactions the characters are just so one dimensional and for a chapter that reveres knowledge and secrets they really seem dumb in relation to who is who and whats happening or happened. There are no real secrets its just no body :cussign knows anything. Everyone is :cussing clueless!

And watchers in the dark are god damn time lords that know and see everything and can create rifts in reality at their convenience and stop time and are basically controlling the Dark Angels in every step and tell them exactly what to do through the Supreme Grand Master.

It seems gentleman we have a Xenos infestation in one of the First Founding Chapters, summon the Deathwatch?

So, you weren't too impressed then Stormxlr happy.png

If I cut out a lot of the context out of the book and leave only some details I think they would be decent.

I did read all of them of course, we don't get a lot of DA fluff so we swallow whatever comes our way.

Archived