Small DA Force

Bloody Legionnaire

Hi all,

I'd like to get the most out of my 2 dark vengeance boxes.. If I wanted to do a small (up to 1250 pts total) DA force what would you recommend? The purpose of this army would be just fun small games at the house, and an army I can teach my wife and family how to play with.

In addition to the 2 DV boxes I also have one extra ravenwing bike squad.

Responses are much appreciated!

I would recommend a few land speeders.  Typhoons are fairly versatile.  They are cheap to buy and reasonable in points to field.  You can always buy a Razorback or two.  Armour is useful, you can either run it as a Rhino or Razorback.  That should be more than enough to keep you and your family busy and entertained. 

Your model count already puts you around 1250 points with the Company Master and the Librarian.  The extra bike squad and two basic land speeders will add another 200 points. 

I am assuming that your opposing force are Chaos Space Marines?

A land raider and DWK are fun but a fair chunk of change to drop.  Where it is just a family game, you could proxy in a land raider and use some of your terminators as DWKs.  If you are using a CAD you will be fine since that is really the only way to field them. If you want to unlock some of the perks that the new codex brings then you may want to add some formations to your CAD.  Do you have a copy of the current codex?

It'll definitely be CAD. I don't think there's any reason to get into the special perks unless a player was really invested in DA as a force.

I don't have a copy of the current Dex yet, for just playing games at the house I'm not sure I'll need it, but I may pick it up eventually.

Rhino / Razorbacks are very useful

As has been said land speeder & and attack bike to make a full bike squad formation.

Land Raiders are a luxury item mine comes out rarely and there nott that appropriate at 1250, a small terminator squad though is fun

Speeder variants to go for are dual HB in small point games or typhoon

You should convert one of your librarians into a biker librarian. With that you should be fine. Especially if you are playing around 1250 points. Playing around 1500 I try to go with cheap HQ options and it doesn't get much cheaper than a level 1 librarian. It also depends on your play style.

Archived