Lamenters removed from codex Blood Angels

Guardsman1275

Lamenters are a successor but different. In color, in organization, in mood. And thats a good thing. Black Templars and Crimson Fists make Imperial Fists more interesting. I wiah there was even more variety to our successors than the original dudes who are furious, sucessors who are extra furious and angsty, successors who are secretive and furious,successors who are furious cannibals and successors who are so furious that they are kind of renegades..

We need imaginative and cool successors we already have enough carbon copies.

Speaking about this, i would point out the fact, still unclear, about the level of secrety that shroud most if not all Blood Angels Chapter. As it is explained in Codex, Novels, etc...., Blood Angels and successors are aloof and for some very secretive, but to wich extend ? Do they have a normal secret level like most of the Space Marines chapters ? Or are they completely closed like the Dark Angels ?.....But once again, we face a Fluff gap that still wait to be cleared....

On a more personal ton, i designed my Exsanguinators as a secretive/vampiric/aloof/mortality obsessed chapter, more like a Night Lords version of a Blood Angels chapter. And i think that such a vision is coherent with the Blood Angels fluff of many successors chapters.

Angels, Fallen Angels and Vampiric popular images are quite fit for any Blood Angels chapter, the idea of past glory, of redemption trough death, vain but necessary self sacrifices......etc. (Even Dark Powers can be fit for BA since i like to think that the Black Rage isn't really a Khorne Curse, but more a Death/Darkness Curse, and in this way, it would protect all BA from classic Chaos corruption, making them almost (not totally) incorruptible to "normal" chaos tentation.)

Lamenters are a successor but different. In color, in organization, in mood. And thats a good thing. Black Templars and Crimson Fists make Imperial Fists more interesting. I wiah there was even more variety to our successors than the original dudes who are furious, sucessors who are extra furious and angsty, successors who are secretive and furious,successors who are furious cannibals and successors who are so furious that they are kind of renegades..

Speaking about this, i would point out the fact, still unclear, about the level of secrety that shroud most if not all Blood Angels Chapter. As it is explained in Codex, Novels, etc...., Blood Angels and successors are aloof and for some very secretive, but to wich extend ? Do they have a normal secret level like most of the Space Marines chapters ? Or are they completely closed like the Dark Angels ?.....But once again, we face a Fluff gap that still wait to be cleared....

In 'Codex: Dark Eldar', the Kabal of the Bloody Storm use a "blood-plague" that exploits flaws in the Blood Angels gene-seed (specifically, that of the Angels Sanguine), driving Sanguinius' sons to commit mass murder and cannibalism in what is known as the "Vandred Atrocity." The Blood Angels and their successors are secretive for a reason.

In 'Codex: Dark Eldar', the Kabal of the Bloody Storm use a "blood-plague" that exploits flaws in the Blood Angels gene-seed (specifically, that of the Angels Sanguine), driving Sanguinius' sons to commit mass murder and cannibalism in what is known as the "Vandred Atrocity." The Blood Angels and their successors are secretive for a reason.

Good knowledge!

Makes me wonder how many other interesting pieces of fluff the BA / successors have been tied into that flies beneath the radar as it's in someone's else's codex etc.

Anyone else got any interesting anecdotes like the above they can share / reference?

Archived