Your opinions on Sons of Sanguinius Painting Guide?

appiah4

Is this thing worth getting?  I'm tempted, but I'm not sure if it will really be worth it as I've been painting red and black for about 15 years now..  I'd mostly be interested in it if it has anything really worthwhile on things like painting white armor (Sanguinary Priests) and red vehicles..  If anyone could point me to a useful review I'd be grateful.  I don't want to obtain it via illegal means just go get an idea of what's in it.  The GW Store Page ever so helpfully fails to include even a table of contents preview.  Thanks for nothing once again, GW.

Also, has this book always been available only in softback?  Was there ever a hardback release?

Uh, I really love it. I've folliowed its instructions for my burgeoning Blood Angel force and it has really given the whole thing a nice unified look. The background sections don't do anything for me, though. I would have liked more campaign markings and other ideas for personalizing your force.

Honestly, there are guides online, but they're not nearly as comprehensive as GW I've found. 

As with SoC, I really like it. 

I adopted the red method for my BA and it's fast and looks good - you can see the results on my terms.

It has painting methods for black armour, white priests (more off-white...ceramic/bone?), red armour, and the sand bases that the 1st co are on in exterminatus.

Also blue armoured librarians, dreads, gems, lenses, etc. 

You can find all of this online, and it has all been shown in white dwarfs before, but I like it.

I did get it cheap, though. I don't know if I'd pay full RRP for it.

Archived