Heresy Blood Angels

ohwheresharry

In an attempt to motivate myself to get this army done I've decided to start posting properly.  I've got two boxes of the plastic Horus Heresy set to get through to make this army complete and I'm working on smashing through it.  So far I've built up a 12 man assault squad, my praetor, my consul, and 5 cataphractii.  It's been a bit of a slow going project at the moment but I've finally put paint to plastic tonight and I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself.

So to start it off I present my first two cataphractii 

IMG 4550

This first guy is mostly done, I just need to highlight the golds and make the lightning claws look like they're glowing.

IMG 4551

This guy needs a little more work on the blacks and silvers, but I'm happy that I've gotten so far with roughly two hours work.

Once they're finished and based I'll throw on a few transfers on the shoulder pads.

Any suggestions are always welcome.

Looks great man! I've started a Blood Angels contingent of my own as well. Glad to see you've joined the ranks of the IXth. 

How are you gonna base them?

Thank you! I've kept an eye on yours for a while, it helped me kick my ass into gear with these. I'm planning to echo the old bright green bases but with a fair bit of churned up mud.

Great stuff! I like the black accents on the armor!!!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
So I finished off the highlights and the basing for my termies and I was pretty pleased with them

IMG 4579

IMG 4578

Then I thought "why not add some lightning effects?" and I'm pretty happy with the results.  I'm definitely going to continue it through the rest of the squad.

IMG 4586

IMG 4587

And here's the next three that'll get painted up

IMG 4588

I've also got a baal predator and a land raider built up and primed.  I used spray cans to get a nice fade in color from a bright red at the top through to black at the bottom

IMG 4589

And finally I built up my two contemptors, chopping up the arms a little so that I could give one two kheres assault cannons and the other two CCW, and 9 tactical legionaries. I wanted the tactical squad to look like they were actually tactical so I've given them all holstered bolt pistols, combat blades, and pouches.

IMG 4593

Hopefully more to come soon!

Archived