Painting Templars like Games Workshop

Kontakt

Gaaah!  That's not how you pronounce Abaddon! :lol:

The dry palette kills me.  So much paint wasted.  Nice of them to finally point out that the black paint has a different finish than the spray.  A lot of my old vehicles have very patchy finishes around the edges :P

Gaaah! That's not how you pronounce Abaddon! :lol:

The dry palette kills me. So much paint wasted. Nice of them to finally point out that the black paint has a different finish than the spray. A lot of my old vehicles have very patchy finishes around the edges :P

So how do you pronounce it? Ar-ba-don?

Gaaah! That's not how you pronounce Abaddon! :lol:

The dry palette kills me. So much paint wasted. Nice of them to finally point out that the black paint has a different finish than the spray. A lot of my old vehicles have very patchy finishes around the edges :P

So how do you pronounce it? Ar-ba-don?
Obviously she pronounced it correctly! He is the arch-villain, little old ladies from his neighbourhood would describe him as 'a bad'un' and no mistake! (:

She pronounced it correctly. Remember there are two D's in his name so you pronounce both of them. Proof -> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abaddon

To the video, basically that's how everyone does it, so nothing new or earth shattering there. Though no one should take any lessons from how she works with those paints **Cringes as she uses GW paint straight out of the bottle**

It's mostly putting the emphasis on the second syllable that made my teeth grind. Silly English accents. teehee.gif

But yes, I've always pronounced it A-buh-dawn. Though pronunciation in 40k can be somewhat of a cluster mess. I was befuddled when the very large man from forge world pronounced Sigismund with a hard g. And it wasn't until Dawn of War 2 that I finally began to pronounce it as Tee-ranid. And Space Marine finally cleared up how to pronounce Guilliman (no luck with Roboutte though). laugh.png

But yeah, anyway, I guess this thread had a less dead-horse topic than how to speak Warhammer, yeah? Aside from the second coat of all-over black and the achingly evil way she uses/moves the paints, it's the same formula for black armor that GW has suggested since time began. But putting it in video format is new smile.png

Obviously she pronounced it correctly! He is the arch-villain, little old ladies from his neighbourhood would describe him as 'a bad'un' and no mistake! (:

I don't know whether to applaud or paddle.

It's mostly putting the emphasis on the second syllable that made my teeth grind. Silly English accents. teehee.gif

But yes, I've always pronounced it A-buh-dawn. Though pronunciation in 40k can be somewhat of a cluster mess. I was befuddled when the very large man from forge world pronounced Sigismund with a hard g. And it wasn't until Dawn of War 2 that I finally began to pronounce it as Tee-ranid. And Space Marine finally cleared up how to pronounce Guilliman (no luck with Roboutte though). laugh.png

But yeah, anyway, I guess this thread had a less dead-horse topic than how to speak Warhammer, yeah? Aside from the second coat of all-over black and the achingly evil way she uses/moves the paints, it's the same formula for black armor that GW has suggested since time began. But putting it in video format is new smile.png

I don't know whether to applaud or paddle.

Can't it be both? teehee.gif

Though no one should take any lessons from how she works with those paints **Cringes as she uses GW paint straight out of the bottle**

That's more or less how I've been painting for the past... eight years? I'm no painting expert but it works just fine for me ;)

Can anyone tell me the vallejo paint names used for the highlights? I'm having trouble converting, even with all the tables etc. up online. Is the eshin grey more of a blue/grey you see a lot of highlights done in? What paint combinations do you guys like for highlights?

Archived