Stormraven canopy bits..?

LutherMax

Much to my annoyance, in the god-knows-how-many-months I've been building and painting my Stormraven I've managed to lose the clear plastic bits (turret canopy, cockpit canopy and the little wing light covers). I emailed GW but they said they couldn't help. Nothing on eBay or any of the bits sites I know.

Does anyone know where I can get these bits?!

Thanks for the replies. I must admit I was surprised by the response I got from customer service. Not only was it negative but quite blunt... I even offered to pay for the replacement parts! I might try calling them instead of emailing... Otherwise yeah, keep my eye on eBay :(

If you live around a GW store go there and ask insteadt. In my experience they always help with lost or warped bits. Had a metal sternguard shoulder that was warped and the guy in the store opened a new box of miniatures to get me the bit.

Much to my annoyance, in the god-knows-how-many-months I've been building and painting my Stormraven I've managed to lose the clear plastic bits (turret canopy, cockpit canopy and the little wing light covers). I emailed GW but they said they couldn't help. Nothing on eBay or any of the bits sites I know.

Does anyone know where I can get these bits?!

BitzBarn are advertising these as new in stock right now.

I thought their customer service was allegedly legendary.

In most cases, with the bitz service long gone and breaking boxes up a massively inefficient use of everyone's time, all their customer service team can do is send out an entire new box. Which would be quite a reward for carelessness.

If you tell them a sprue was missing when you opened the box, i.e. an actual customer service issue, they'll almost certainly send you a whole new Stormraven free of charge.

In most cases, with the bitz service long gone and breaking boxes up a massively inefficient use of everyone's time, all their customer service team can do is send out an entire new box. Which would be quite a reward for carelessness.

If you tell them a sprue was missing when you opened the box, i.e. an actual customer service issue, they'll almost certainly send you a whole new Stormraven free of charge.

@ Lucien, I agree, if the issue had been a part missing when I actually received the kit I am sure the customer services representative would have been more accommodating. I seriously doubt sending a whole new kit would have been their solution though; I think they would have had someone from production grab the sprue in question off the line and send it. I used to work for a plastic injection moulding company – I know how quickly these sprues fly off the line, and how many overs are thrown away each day.

Assuming your comment about carelessness is directed at my personally, I concede that is the nature of the problem (although I suspect someone here in my household threw away said items underestimating their value!) rather than a defective product on Games Workshop's part. However, I believe the primary role of customer service is to end up with a happy customer (within reason) who feels grateful, looked after and happy to continue doing business with the company. I spend many hundreds of pounds with this company each year and frankly, that is the treatment I expect.

@ SM1981, thank you for looking for me, but alas I tried them already and it's only after adding the items to the cart it flags up that they're out of stock!

@ Jolemai, I was actually trying to think of a way to substitute them and that is a great idea – thank you!

@ Lucien, I agree, if the issue had been a part missing when I actually received the kit I am sure the customer services representative would have been more accommodating. I seriously doubt sending a whole new kit would have been their solution though; I think they would have had someone from production grab the sprue in question off the line and send it. I used to work for a plastic injection moulding company – I know how quickly these sprues fly off the line, and how many overs are thrown away each day.

Assuming your comment about carelessness is directed at my personally, I concede that is the nature of the problem (although I suspect someone here in my household threw away said items underestimating their value!) rather than a defective product on Games Workshop's part. However, I believe the primary role of customer service is to end up with a happy customer (within reason) who feels grateful, looked after and happy to continue doing business with the company. I spend many hundreds of pounds with this company each year and frankly, that is the treatment I expect.

@ SM1981, thank you for looking for me, but alas I tried them already and it's only after adding the items to the cart it flags up that they're out of stock!

@ Jolemai, I was actually trying to think of a way to substitute them and that is a great idea – thank you!

I'm guessing if you run a blog about painting their miniatures you're a great customer.

Archived