Shroud of Sanguinius / Cleutin

SM1981

Ha, first I've heard of him! You'd think after a thousand+ years he'd have been promoted to captain!

Becoming a Captain isn't a long-service award. :p

Maybe he is just a really good squad leader but not a company-level tactician. Maybe he refused promotion on the grounds that he felt he was a better soldier than a leader (ala Ulrik).

Fair point. In fact, I am liking this guy more and more!

Really cool fluff for the guy. Hate his name.

We got Dante, Tycho, Lemartes, Mephiston, Astorath. ...

And Cleutin. Just doesn't seem so... angelic.

I had a gander on the Internets to see if I could find any possible inspiration for the name, and the only non-40k link I could find concerned one Henri Cleutin, a French diplomat in the 16th century, so I have no idea where it came from. Unless they pulled an Astaroth -> Astorath or a Machiavelli -> Machiavi and changed the name slightly, I can't see any leads (perhaps someone else can).

His Wikipedia article does say that his family were cloth merchants, however, though that seems a bit tenuous. smile.png

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally got round to starting to play with this last night. Have put this together as a start point but it needs some very obvious work...

1) Neaten up the mould lines / exit points from spure

2) Add Grenades and holstered pistol so model matches weapon loadout in old codex.

3) Add banner (there is no way you would have a guy wondering around with a relic of the primarch, and not add a means for his brothers to identify him).

4) Remove Imperial Aquila from box and add small BA symbol (from forgeworld brass pack).

5) Paint, base, etc.

That all said here is the start point.

20160113 001733

PS: Not sure why that has posted sideways!

I tried a couple of different heads, but I wanted a model that said "holy relic", and without a cloaked head it just said "man holding his lunchbox above his head". The DA head gives it a monk-like feel / holy feel that ties in well. But yes I agree the Dark Angel head is not the an obvious choice for a Blood Angel character!

On a related note anyone know where I can find a holstered pistol part, ideally with blood angel iconography?

(And yes I know ow that's a kind of "Moon on a stick" type question).

I like everything except the chin on that DA head!

At least he can blow his nose and wipe is buttocks at the same time.

In all seriousness. I am kinda digging him though. I would have gone with either a stern guard head with a few studs, giving him a Laurel Wreath. I might take one of the BA helmets with the Laurel Wreath instead, I would just have to see it up close. My only other thing is, I'd mag-lock the case, or have it sitting pretty in a power fist or cupped hand giving his free hand a weapon, like Relic combi-x/bolter or storm bolter. 

I like everything except the chin on that DA head!

At least he can blow his nose and wipe is buttocks at the same time.

In all seriousness. I am kinda digging him though. I would have gone with either a stern guard head with a few studs, giving him a Laurel Wreath. I might take one of the BA helmets with the Laurel Wreath instead, I would just have to see it up close. My only other thing is, I'd mag-lock the case, or have it sitting pretty in a power fist or cupped hand giving his free hand a weapon, like Relic combi-x/bolter or storm bolter. 

Great suggestions - Like I said this was a starting point to play around with. The cupped hand idea also solves the next problem I had of the box / arms obstructing the proposed banner. All things to go into MKII.

I added the bolt pistol and grenades last night and got the picture orientated correctly. Will finish up this one and then get started on the next - its all good practice!

20160114 135307

Archived