Marching into Battle

Crazy Jay

Hey brothers of the Rock. My friends and I are competing in a little inter group tournament today. We'll be playing at 1850, 3 games each with a 3 hour time limit. There will be me (Dark Angels), 2 necron armies, a Blood Angel/Skitari, Space Wolf/Chaos Space Marine, and Emperor's Children. We've all submitted our lists and the game missions for each round is set.

Round 1 matches are

Dark Angel vs Necron

Blood Angel/Skit vs Necron

Emp Children vs SW/CSM

Round 2 and 3 will be based on previous round outcomes. So please wish me luck and I'll come back and hopefully report on my success.

Well, I beat the Necrons in round 1. He brought basically a Decurian with a minimal reclamation legion, a stalker/praetorian formation and 2 C'tan/cryptek formations.

I largely just ignored his C'tans and went after his praetorians and other forward moving units. Ended up winning 11-2

Round 2 I played the chaos wolf army. Even though I had plenty of anti-air, his Hell turkey just tore up my bikes and troops. Either I'd roll terrible to shoot it or he rolled fantastic to save. It's also amazing the effect Mark of Nurgle has on even basic troops. He played his army well and I got garbage for objective cards. Game ended 9-5

Round 3 didn't play. I was supposed to play the BA/Ad mech army but he had to leave so I just watched the championship game. It ended up being Emperor's Children vs Chaos Wolves. It was a really fun game to watch and in the end, the EC eked out a win, 12-11.

Fun night of playing with some cool guys and any day I beat Necrons is a good day.

I feel like I would have done well just because I had far more Obj Sec than he did. But his shooting from the admech looked scary. He also had 20 Deathgaurd and a sanguine gaurd unit so he had some beefy reach out and assault you units.

I think you meant Death Company :D

anyways why did you decided to ignore C'tan? how did that fare for you ? and how did the C'tan perform? What was the hardest part of the Necron army?

I feel like I would have done well just because I had far more Obj Sec than he did. But his shooting from the admech looked scary. He also had 20 Deathgaurd and a sanguine gaurd unit so he had some beefy reach out and assault you units.

I think you meant Death Company :D

anyways why did you decided to ignore C'tan? how did that fare for you ? and how did the C'tan perform? What was the hardest part of the Necron army?

Maybe. I don't really know Blood Angel stuff. I ignored the C'tans because I felt there were better stuff to shoot at. C'tans have random powers but you have to pick your targets before you know what your shooting. Also I'm fairly well known in my group for brutal alpha strikes so he started both Ctans well back of the deployment line. I took a few pot shots at one of them but I spent most of my effort (successfully mind you) taking out his Tomb Blades and Praetorians. Those guys posed a real threat to my bikes.

Archived