Questions on Ravenwing Strike Force .

Rommel44

Hey mates, currently I got my hands on 27x of the FW Legion Outrider Bikes coming in and I am debating on either going a White Scars Bike Army or obviously a Ravenwing Bike list. With that being said, I have a few questions on the Ravenwing Strike Force.

* Are Bike Units units Objective Secured Units, or are they just standard Fast Attack units.

* Best way to equip Ravenwing Bike Squads, and is the Attack Bike option worth it or not?

* Black Knight Command Squad: Best way to run it?

* Thinking of fielding Land Speeder Tempest's for my army, anyone have any experience with them.

If anyone has anything they can add when it comes to the Ravenwing Strike Force I would greatly appreciate it.

1. They're not ObSec

2. Opinions will vary on this, but I like to run small 3 man units with 2 meltas (2 grav is also popular). I've seen sergeants with combis done as well.

Re attack bikes, I prefer running them separately to the bike squads (I only have 1 so I haven't tried units of attack bikes, I imagine they're good though. MM is the go-to

3. Command squad - apoth is basically mandatory, and max squad size (6) to get the full use of the FNP. I like the banner, the champ is very optional IMHO.

1. No OS.

2. 3-man squad, gravs or/and meltas, some power rosters exclude regular bikes comletely for L33t black knights (price of 3 man bike squad with specials is around the same as black knights)

3. Full size with apothecary, champion and a banner. Champion is a grab now, as it costs 5 points, model gets character, chaos-like rules for challenges and a badass Caliban sword which was fixed and boosted (no more Unwieldy nonsense), for only five points it's amazing.

4. Sorry, don't have models, never proxied them, but as they not in codex, tempests won't get cool RW rules and 6 inch distance boost for a unit of three. The most popular choice is LS typhoon.

Personally I would like to play against footslogging orks with 2 full squadrons of Dakka Speeders (HB+HB) for a price of two land raiders and a razorback they pack a 30 HB shots per squadron for a total of 60 HB rounds per turn, pretty amazing I must say, but almost noone play orksies or other big platoon armies in my meta anymore. sad.png

Archived