Project: Genesis - 2nd Tactical WIP [12/01/16]

Dosjetka

+ Project: Genesis +

gallery_45765_11545_163894.png

+ Genesis Chapter colour scheme +

(source - Codex: Space Marines 6th Edition)

gallery_45765_11545_198835.png

+ Original prototype model +

(circa Spring 2014)

gallery_45765_11545_51919.png

+ Battle-Brother Serik - 5th Company, 1st Tactical +

gallery_45765_11545_74306.png

+ Battle-Brother Timur - 5th Company, 1st Tactical +

gallery_45765_11545_757.png

+ Battle-Brother Talgat - 5th Company, 1st Tactical +

gallery_45765_11545_159011.png

+ Battle-Brother Nurzhan - 5th Compay, 1st Tactical +

gallery_45765_11545_90757.png

+ Veteran Sergeant Erasyl - 5th Company, 1st Tactical +

gallery_45765_11545_202869.png

+ Ancient Brother Azat - 5th Company +

[...]

gallery_45765_11545_207937.png

Good job! I like to see successor chapters more than the basic first founding stuff I see a lot, get some variety going happy.png

Agreed! I get so tired of seeing the same old "big name" Chapters again and again, the 1st founding loyalists, the Black Templars, the Grey Knights, they're so booooooring!

+ Brother Serik +

+ 90% complete +

gallery_45765_11545_171336.png

gallery_45765_11545_128678.png

gallery_45765_11545_172060.png

gallery_45765_11545_274437.png

+ Shoulder pad detail +

gallery_45765_11545_11538.png

[...]

A big thank you to all the people who 'liked' my first post! Much appreciated smile.png

Good job! I like to see successor chapters more than the basic first founding stuff I see a lot, get some variety going happy.png

Thanks! And yes, variety is the spice of life happy.png

Looking good, nice rich red.

Thank you!

Agreed! I get so tired of seeing the same old "big name" Chapters again and again, the 1st founding loyalists, the Black Templars, the Grey Knights, they're so booooooring!

Hahaha, you're never one to mince your words are you? msn-wink.gif

IMPRESSIVE !!!!

Thank you, Sergeant!

Glad to see the First of the Primogenitors given some love, can't wait to see where this goes!

Thank you! I'm curious to see where this goes, too laugh.png

And Dos joins the People I Hate For Painting Red Well list. laugh.png

Aw, shucks man. Ah well, I think I can live with that msn-wink.gif

Hahaha, you're never one to mince your words are you?

What can I say, I know what I want. Besides, variety is the spice of life and with all the Chapters GW has created, even if they're just a name or a colour scheme, it disheartens me to see people flocking to the same old "popular" Chapters again and again when they could take these template chapters and make them their own.

A seldom seen Chapter, good modelling and nice painting? Sounds like great reasons for following your progress! This will be very interesting to see.

Thank you! I hope I won't disappoint.

Duuuuuude! That is awesome!

Thanks Rojo! Still haven't seen any of your Griffons though and I've been patiently waiting for a good while now msn-wink.gif

That is a solid looking red dude! Looking forward to more.

Coming from someone who can manage a solid red themselves, that means a lot. Thanks thumbsup.gif

Hahaha, you're never one to mince your words are you?

What can I say, I know what I want. Besides, variety is the spice of life and with all the Chapters GW has created, even if they're just a name or a colour scheme, it disheartens me to see people flocking to the same old "popular" Chapters again and again when they could take these template chapters and make them their own.

Well, the popular have their appeal. Official support means you don't have to freehand your own Chapter symbols or print your own decals, you get cool characters and special rules. And I do like most of the popular Chapters, I just thought I'd leave the beaten track, reboot a project I started a couple of years ago and see how it goes!

• 3 weeks later...

Loving the strong tones and look you have going there. People always seem to manage to get more out of posing marines than I do. Bravo.

Thank you! And that's only thanks to years of tinkering with kits and having a mountain of bits to play around with. After a while, you'll get the hang of it especially if you try to emulate the poses that other people have come up with. smile.png

+ + + + + + +

Happy New Year to you all!

Also, progress! :D

gallery_45765_11545_339256.png

Still to do: all metallics, Chapter symbol, boltguns and bases. The aim is to finish everything except the bases by tomorrow evening. If I can manage that, I'll be well on my way to having 250 points painted by the end of the month. smile.png

You need to paint more!!!! It's so beautiful and I never get to see enough of it..... I mean "we"..... msn-wink.gif

I'm trying to get 250 points per month done so there should be more on the way msn-wink.gif

Very nais!! Love the red my friend *.* dang it, Blood Angels painting itch incoming...

Thank you! And succumb to the itch, you know you want to devil.gif

Can I bug you for the recipe for the red? I have a few techmarine gunners that need some paint.

Your genesis marines look fantastic; they are modeled well, and that paint job is just so crisp. Keep up the great work!

Of course you can!

1. White undercoat;
  2. Two/three thin layers of Mephiston Red;
  3. Argax Earthshade wash in the recesses only;
  4. Clean-up with Mephiston Red if necessary;
  5. Edge highlight with Evil Sunz Scarlet;
  6. Edge highlight with Troll Slayer Orange.

That's all there is to it. smile.png The red is a little bit darker when you have the models in hand so the colour should be perfect for your Techmarine. And thanks for the kind words!

Well this is looking awesome! That red is brilliant, buddy! Love the freehand Genesis symbol, as well. I have to admit I'm not typically a big fan of the beakies, but yours look excellent with the sharpness in which they're painted. Those Ravenwing helmets look pretty damn cool too!

That is soo many more steps to a base colour than I can manage! Bravo.

Now more minis!

See below. ;)

And honestly, it isn't as hard as it looks. Try it out, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Love this chapter and loving your work so far, looking forward to what's next thumbsup.gif

Thank you, Biohazard. :D

Well this is looking awesome! That red is brilliant, buddy! Love the freehand Genesis symbol, as well. I have to admit I'm not typically a big fan of the beakies, but yours look excellent with the sharpness in which they're painted. Those Ravenwing helmets look pretty damn cool too!

Much appreciated, Alan. :tu:

+ + + + + + +

So, today's (and yesterday's) progress.

gallery_45765_11545_903.png

As I mentioned elsewhere, all of these models have been recycled from previous projects that didn't work out. And one of them is more than half painted which might count as cheating a bit. Honestly though, anything that allows me to meet my monthly goal of 250 points of painted models is fine in my books (as long as I don't get the painted by someone else :P).

Their poses aren't perhaps as exciting or narrative-rich as the ones from 1st Tactical but I'm still rather happy with them and the mix of bits helps making them a bit more interesting to look at.

I'm hoping that the weather clears up tomorrow so I can undercoat them. If not, I'll have to find another solution which would be a bit of a bummer. Anyway, I've still got two models to finish off and three boltguns to paint, so that should keep me busy until the end of the week.

Oh, and thanks for all of the likes, people. Much apreciated! :tu:

Archived