Dark Angel Corswain the Paladin?

xNH Lion 12x

Like I said.. it's your clan, there's no wrong or right. You're not re-writing GW cannon for them, you are paying homage to a Chapter you like, in a video game. If Paladin title sounds better and more grand, go for it. Unless your Halo clan is made of die-hard DA fluff-holics you probably won't get any flakk for it. ;)

There is a wrong and right though, to an extent, and I like to be right. If it would be incorrect to call them that, then the Codex versions are just fine, assuming they don't have an entirely different, and correct name--even if it's not as cool or unique.

Well I say do what you want - who's to question you?

Why not make up some titles: "Champion of the

Vanquished Tower", "Champion of the Inner Keep", "Palladin of the Sacred Sceptre", Palladin: Blade-Master of the Tower of Angels", Lore-Master Champion of Reliqueries", "Palladin-Champion: Guardian Brother of the Sacred Helm (5th Order)" etc etc.

Are those some that you made up, or did you take borrow those from somewhere?

So if you want to be correct, then don't use Paladin because it came up in a 30K book and in no 40K book. smile.png

Yeah, but does that mean that it is, by default, incorrect because of a mere 10,000 years? That's what I think I was trying to actually ask in the OP.

At this point, I think you are just trolling because many people tried to tell you something and you just want to hear that you are right and you can call him Paladin.

Good luck with the clan. :)

I'm really not, and I'm sorry if it appears that way. That's not my intention. I didn't know the answer, so I asked. I want to be right whichever way it is. The whole clan thing didn't really matter in the first place, I just was curious about the lore, and was going to use whatever knowledge and answer I came out of this thread with for the clan. That's why I didn't mention it in the first place.

And I suppose I won't be getting a definitive answer either way, at this point. But thank you all anyway. :)

Something I forgot:

Aaron Dembski-Bowden wrote "Savage Weapons". As mentioned earlier, he coined the use of Paladin as a title used by Dark Angels.

Said author also wrote Ragnar Blackmane. That novel itself is set in late M41, in a time period spanning a few decades before the Thirteenth Black Crusade and ending during that conflict, on Cadia. It kicks off with a duel gone wrong between the eponymous hero and a Dark Angels Company Champion. That Company Champion's title is, well... Company Champion.

If there is any authority on 40k that I would recognize as being correct or incorrect in regards to the usage of Paladin, A D-B would be it. Thus, if the guy who introduced Dark Angel Paladins in M31 uses Company Champion in M41, I think it's a safe bet that's the way to go. That having been said, his posting history on these forums leads me to believe that his own answer to you would very well be one of encouragement: to use the answer that works best for your own interpretation of the setting.

Something I forgot:

Aaron Dembski-Bowden wrote "Savage Weapons". As mentioned earlier, he coined the use of Paladin as a title used by Dark Angels.

Said author also wrote Ragnar Blackmane. That novel itself is set in late M41, in a time period spanning a few decades before the Thirteenth Black Crusade and ending during that conflict, on Cadia. It kicks off with a duel gone wrong between the eponymous hero and a Dark Angels Company Champion. That Company Champion's title is, well... Company Champion.

If there is any authority on 40k that I would recognize as being correct or incorrect in regards to the usage of Paladin, A D-B would be it. Thus, if the guy who introduced Dark Angel Paladins in M31 uses Company Champion in M41, I think it's a safe bet that's the way to go. That having been said, his posting history on these forums leads me to believe that his own answer to you would very well be one of encouragement: to use the answer that works best for your own interpretation of the setting.

So, it sounds like you're saying I should call them Paladins, assuming they fill the same role, but apparently they do (right?), because I would bet the Dark Angels only changed names to fit the Codex, but may or may not call them Paladins due to tradition. And Aaron calls him the new name to be less confusing to readers. And I like the Paladin name better, so I think I will go with that anyway.

That was helpful. It--and I forgot what I was going to say now.... I'm sure I will remember later, I'm just excited and distracted 'cause I finally have my whole army sitting in boxes next to the Dark Vengeance miniature rule book and my Codex. Haha.

Archived