Alternate Chapter Masters

Dont-Be-Haten

Hey Guys, 

For my Vermillion Tears I run a "counts-as" version of Malakim Phoros named Elisha Gair. I just like the rules for the model. I've thought about trying out Gabriel Seth just to have some fun, as well as a counts-as dante (which is another model I have been converting) But then I started thinking about Castellan Zargo of the Angels Encarmine, and Orloc of the Blood Drinkers, Lord Sentikan of the Angels Sanguine and the unknown chapter masters of some of the more known 2nd and later founding.

How could you represent these models for your successor chapters? This is mainly looking at forging the narrative and not getting too wonky with Homebrew characters. Any of my fellow successor brothers have any advice for me?

For Malakim Phoros, I'd have to give him a jump pack. Lamenters fluff suggests the chapter operates in traditional BA-fashion and come in fast and swinging.

I'd probably give him a Melta pistol to represent Catachist and a cool sword to represent the Glaive. Nipple armor from the BA tactical kit and *maybe* a mask from the BA upgrade kit. Otherwise, a laurel helmet. I don't do a lot of bare heads, them being armored warriors and all.

Edit: I just realized this was about rules, not converting up miniatures to represent successor chapter masters. Oops!

For Malakim Phoros, I'd have to give him a jump pack. Lamenters fluff suggests the chapter operates in traditional BA-fashion and come in fast and swinging.

I'd probably give him a Melta pistol to represent Catachist and a cool sword to represent the Glaive. Nipple armor from the BA tactical kit and *maybe* a mask from the BA upgrade kit. Otherwise, a laurel helmet. I don't do a lot of bare heads, them being armored warriors and all.

Edit: I just realized this was about rules, not converting up miniatures to represent successor chapter masters. Oops!

Jump pack, nipple armour, mask, inferno pistol, cool power weapon. That sounds like Dante's rules would fit to a T.

I have Malakim Phoros's rules from the Badab Wars. And Elisha is modeled after those rules. It is a kit bashed Sanguinary Guard. He's in a bit of rough shape right now. In the "All the king's horses and all the king's men" sense.

This is more a generalized question of if you play a successor chapter, how do you make your Chapter Master? Do you "counts-as" Dante, Gabriel Seth, Mephiston, or Malakim Phoros, etc. or do you make a vanilla marine chapter master and port him over, getting the "okay" for games with him, or do you mostly home-brew your character and then make sure your opponent agrees with you being able to use him?

Edit: Like how do you interpret Orlo of the Blood Drinkers or Zargo from the Angels Encarmine? Or if you use an older chapter master, would they be Dante like or something else?

Personally Astorath is my successor chapter's CM, with Lemartes being Top Chaplain.

I used to do this under the old codex to represent a chapter with a larger than normal falling to the red thirst. 

Now I use Dante's rules to represent my CM.

Archived