Imperial Vengeance Fleet

gav1892

Hi everyone and before i start, Merry Christmas!

So i've been around on the forum for a while and having seen some of the brilliant armies on here i thought id add my force that im trying to build to the list.

This is going to be a WIP and completed model thread, as well as the fluff for the idea behind the "Imperial Vengeance Fleet".

So the idea is this:

After spending so long defending itself the Imperium has decided to make a bold decision and take the fight to the enemy and start to recover some of the ground lost to the filthy Xeno and the Heretical forces of Chaos. Commander Dante seen by many as a light in the ever growing darkness has been chosen by the High Lord of Terra to lead this fleet with the IX th legion acting as the Speartip. The Blood Angels are joined by a small force of Dark Angels who's motive although unclear to Dante is believed by those in the Inquisition to be a ploy to find more of the Unforgiven. Who and what is in the Inquisition's flotilla is known only to the secretive Inquisitor Jacob Hexus. Not to be left out the Mechanicum successfully levied to be allowed to send not only an exploratory fleet but also some of its military might. The Fleet was completed by The Collegia Titanica of the Legio Nebulum, a force of Imperial Knights sent by the High King of House Hawkshroud and the might of the 136th Crucian Hussars.

My initial plan is for the glorious IX th to be Completed first, and ive decided to build the following

Commander Dante accompanied by 10 Sanguinary Gaurd

Captain Aphael and the entire 2nd Company including transports for each squad

A first Company made up of FW models which i can use for both 40k and 30k games. Again including transports.

Death Company made up of a number of Chaplains and options to field the death company in pretty much any option avaialble.

A librarius conclave led by Mephiston

A bunch of Sanguinary Priests led by Corbulo

The Dark Angels will mainly be the Dark Vengeance box set with a few added bikes, landraider and DA flyers.

Led by Interrogator Chaplain Seraphicus

Inquistion will be led by an inquisitor (prob FW Rex model) with Retinue

Assasins

Small Grey Knight Force (about 1500 points)

Imperial Knights will be led by High King and his son using a FW knight lancer and a FW knight castigator

5 knights barons

Mechanicum will be using FW mechanicum models, Skitarii, Cult Mechanicum

Hopefully Titans will be a Warlord, a Reaver and 2 Warhounds

The Crucian Hussars will be a big mix of Tanks, Superheavies and troops

I will add the pictures as i go but i feel this is going to be a very long but very satisfying project.

Hi everyone and before i start, Merry Christmas!

So i've been around on the forum for a while and having seen some of the brilliant armies on here i thought id add my force that im trying to build to the list.

This is going to be a WIP and completed model thread, as well as the fluff for the idea behind the "Imperial Vengeance Fleet".

So the idea is this:

After spending so long defending itself the Imperium has decided to make a bold decision and take the fight to the enemy and start to recover some of the ground lost to the filthy Xeno and the Heretical forces of Chaos. Commander Dante seen by many as a light in the ever growing darkness has been chosen by the High Lord of Terra to lead this fleet with the IX th legion acting as the Speartip. The Blood Angels are joined by a small force of Dark Angels who's motive although unclear to Dante is believed by those in the Inquisition to be a ploy to find more of the Unforgiven. Who and what is in the Inquisition's flotilla is known only to the secretive Inquisitor Jacob Hexus. Not to be left out the Mechanicum successfully levied to be allowed to send not only an exploratory fleet but also some of its military might. The Fleet was completed by The Collegia Titanica of the Legio Nebulum, a force of Imperial Knights sent by the High King of House Hawkshroud and the might of the 136th Crucian Hussars.

My initial plan is for the glorious IX th to be Completed first, and ive decided to build the following

Commander Dante accompanied by 10 Sanguinary Gaurd

Captain Aphael and the entire 2nd Company including transports for each squad

A first Company made up of FW models which i can use for both 40k and 30k games. Again including transports.

Death Company made up of a number of Chaplains and options to field the death company in pretty much any option avaialble.

A librarius conclave led by Mephiston

A bunch of Sanguinary Priests led by Corbulo

The Dark Angels will mainly be the Dark Vengeance box set with a few added bikes, landraider and DA flyers.

Led by Interrogator Chaplain Seraphicus

Inquistion will be led by an inquisitor (prob FW Rex model) with Retinue

Assasins

Small Grey Knight Force (about 1500 points)

Imperial Knights will be led by High King and his son using a FW knight lancer and a FW knight castigator

5 knights barons

Mechanicum will be using FW mechanicum models, Skitarii, Cult Mechanicum

Hopefully Titans will be a Warlord, a Reaver and 2 Warhounds

The Crucian Hussars will be a big mix of Tanks, Superheavies and troops

I will add the pictures as i go but i feel this is going to be a very long but very satisfying project.

Wow - That's some drinks order you have there. Good luck with it and Im looking forward to seeing it / updates on your progress!

Looks great so faar and with all the plans you have lined up we will have plenty of models to drool over. Have you considered adding imperial guard units to the force? Then you would have the entire imperium representet. 

Is there any chance you can take some larger pictures? Would love to be able to see more of the details on you models.

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to see more.

Hi guys hopefully more photos coming today and yes I'm trying to get better pics of the librarium today.

Yes I will be adding some imperial guard but more based on either the D-99 regiment from the Imperial armour The Amphelion Project book or those awesome Solar Auxillia models FW do.
Big order coming this week also hopefully.

Does anyone know how to increase the size of the pics when posted on here as i dont seem to be able to make them big. Everytime i try to load it up it shrinks to a very small size even though though are normal picture size on my laptop

Does anyone know how to increase the size of the pics when posted on here as i dont seem to be able to make them big. Everytime i try to load it up it shrinks to a very small size even though though are normal picture size on my laptop

There are four different viewing sizes for images in your gallery on B&C. I use the full size option for mine...

There are four different viewing sizes for images in your gallery on B&C. I use the full size option for mine...

i never realised you could change them i shall have a look now

First 5 of my Sanguinary Guard are finished, ive built the next 5 but im still waiting to find another 5 Word Bearers Ashen Circle Jump Packs on eBay to put onto them. I really dislike the normal winged jump packs i think these look more Relic in style

gallery_60125_10160_1130338.jpg

And finally for today a 30K/40K crossover my first of 3 Demios Vindicators. The currently un-named Laser Vindicator, beautiful model to put together but i did put the end of the guns on upside down as i think it looks better.

gallery_60125_10160_364242.jpg

Archived