Happy Sanguinius Day!

LutherMax

Looks like the wings could easily be removed with a sharp knife, or you could just use a Sanguinary Guard pack if you wanted the winged pack for something else.

@ Rhapsody, I absolutely love my W&N Series 7 brushes - they single handedly improved my painting no end!

So I was thinking about some new brushes other day as mine are getting worn...

What sizes do you guys recommend? I can't find a set of those on Amazon but I can order a few individual!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009RIV8UM/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?qid=1451493423&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX220_SY330_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=winsor+and+newton

Here you go. Set of W&N Series 7 on Amazon.

000 is good for eye lenses etc

0 is good for edge highlights and fine details

2 is good for general purpose.

These are the three I have now. I did a bit of research on brushes, and the W&N came up often. The series 7, as I understand, are economical and high quality at the same time.

You could shave off the wings on the Chappy jumper, but as suggested, you'd probably be better off biting out a sanguinary guard pack if you want a wingless model...

End of Line

You can use 3 for washes. You might want to get a 000 in future but you might be okay with just a 0. They all come to a fine point and, importantly, keep that point! Just make sure you clean them well after each use - it's well worth investing in some brush cleaner. Vallejo alcohol-based is very good, you'll be amazed how much paint comes out even after washing with water first.

You can use 3 for washes. You might want to get a 000 in future but you might be okay with just a 0. They all come to a fine point and, importantly, keep that point! Just make sure you clean them well after each use - it's well worth investing in some brush cleaner. Vallejo alcohol-based is very good, you'll be amazed how much paint comes out even after washing with water first.

AHHH, awesome. Thanks for the "tips" ;) I'll grab some of that too.

Happy new year all!

Archived