DA audiobooks

Hjarl

I dunno if I can recommend a "good" DA audio book.   Helsreach, Mechanicum, and Legion have all set a pretty high benchmark for me.

Pandorax - is a bit over the top but has it all - CZ Dunn's writing here kinda reminds me of a kid that has too many toys but insists on playing with them all at once.  Features all 3 wings,  Grey Knights, Black Legion, Red Corsairs, Daemons, Tau, Inquisition, Imp. Guard, Catachan.  Air combat in giant caves filled with giant daemon crystals.  Azrael get's leg humped by Draigo towards the end.  And a super confusing ending that's been left completely open - involving Abaddon marine-knapping a "grey knight / possibly ex-fallen / fill in the blank who you think it is/was"  and putting him into his private sm dungeon.  The story is a complete train wreck - but if you know what you're getting into can be entertaining.   Best parts in my opinion involve Col. Strike and a jokero that soups (is that how you spell it?)  up a Baneblade to go a million miles an hour.  You've been warned. 

Trials of Azrael -  Azrael vs. Khârn ok short story - Khârn is hilarious in this. 

Malediction - is ok short and falls short.  pretty obvious plot twist at the end

Holder of the Keys - a short tie in story nothing ground breaking in it

Cypher - another short same as above

Master of the First -  pretty good but short

Descent of Angels - just as the novel - beginnings of the Lion and life on caliban / great beasts / Chaos fighting towards the end.

Fallen Angels -  just as the novel there is enough written about Mike Lee's angels out there.  Don't mind the Lion storyline vs the Luther one which was full of head scratching moments.

Ascension of Balthazar -  Audio tie in for the Dark Vengeance set.  Not too bad.

EDIT:   BL posted a good guide to the HH novels including the audio dramas

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/CALIBAN%20AND%20THE%20DARK%20ANGELS.pdf

Archived