Blood herald

Dark Sensei

Hi fraters !

Long time no seen.

I'm currently stuck working on Squat projects and this kept me way too far from may favourite forum so this is a little present.

One of them was painted atm (shame on me, I couldn't find a moment so the job is a friend's one named Gwaihir). Sculptor is a pro who remains anon.

Size is the one of a tough Astartes, the mini is more likely some Herald of Sanguinius than the Primarch itself (may act as an anointed champion or Sanguinor dude), fact is this project is ancient, way before FW made the first infatuated Primarch (and using all drawings and Holy Fluff we had at our disposal, we stated at this time that a "standard" Primarch was something like 32/33mm high at eye level).

The "green"

ange17

ange3

ange7

ange19

The first painted version

sangui12

sangui11

C&C much appreciated, honoured fraters.

DS
Many thx Honda

I love the dynamism in the model, the pose is very well done. Looking at the greens of the face...very impressive. He looks quite...sanguine.

The only thing that looks odd to me is the size of the feathers. I suppose there are two ways to go here, many smaller feathers or fewer larger ones, but for some reason these seem to stand out to me.

Overall a beautiful model.

Happy new year, fraters !

So many thx for the kind comments (I didn't bring anything to that fine forum since ages so I'm so glad you appreciate).

I fully agree about the feather's sized. When I recieved the green, I was really pissed about this aesthetic choice from the sculptor. Then on second thought, considering the respect I have for the artist, I decided to let go and give this version a try. Gwaihir's painting work finished to convince me this version deserved a try, though your comments, Honda, make full sense.  

Archived