FW DA legion Torsos - Mk IV?

One_happy_hippy

Quick question, I picked up a DA legion torso upgrade set http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Dark-Angels-Legion-Torsos-Upgrade-Set (needed to just push an order in to free delivery) are these torsos meant to be Mk IV armour? Just wondering about working them in to my 40k DA army using them as vets / sgt's and to break up the vanilla-ness of the rank and file.

Ta.

Edit: inability to spell.

Hi One_happy_hippy,

I believe that the Dark Angels upgrades are supposed to represent MK II armour (as show on the example models on the FW site).

My thinking behind this would be that as the first legion we were issued with lots and lots of MK II armour.

That being said I think they would fit fine with MK IV armour and remember they are your models so you can make them as you want.

Hope this helps

KOTFL

KotFL is correct! They are indeed Mk II torsos. Never fear for they will work with MK IV legs if you have the Betrayal at Calth box set. Since you are getting free delivery from Forge World, I would think the Betrayal at Calth is the last thing on your list laugh.png!

If starting some Pre/Heresy style and you haven't gotten anything yet. BaC is well worth it for the price. 3 ten man tac squads, a Catapharactii Company master, 5 man Cataphractii termie squad, 1 Contemptor, and Chaplain. With quite a few options for the sqauds and contemptor. also for the two HQs if you don't mind converting/tinkering a bit.

Sadly the tactical squads don't come with a gravgun option. However, if you get 3 more legs there is enough to make 3 more power armor marines (essentially you can make 6 heavy weapon marines if you get 3 more legs.)

Archived