Shandwen's Heresy XIIIth

shandwen

So as of a few weeks ago I have started an Ultramarine force using the beautiful models from BaC. With these models I decided to try and in simple ways kit-bash (and minorly convert) the models to more of an ultramarine look, and also kit-bash a unit or two that do not have models yet.

I have relied heavily on the plastic Ultramarine upgrade kit (the FW mk IV shoulders for ultras do not look go to me) even though the edges are slightly off to be worn on mk IV the excellent detail makes me feel perfectly fine with the outcome. I hope to post a few more pictures each week as I paint more models, and hope that school and work don't cause me to drop this project.

Anyways, here are the first pics:

gallery_72033_11589_196804.jpg

This is my first-squad's Sergeant, one of the few models in this army that is near completion in painting (basing and decals left to do).

gallery_72033_11589_902864.jpg

This is my attempt at a Legion Champion. Easy model to cut the weapons off of and replace.

gallery_72033_11589_15895.jpg

This was my first model that I just built in the army only for the looks. He is a Sergeant with a Heavy Chainsword (bad in game but the assault squads evisorator was just perfect for this.)

gallery_72033_11589_149968.jpg

This is my trail model for a Locutarus Storm Marine. The model does not seem to have enough movement in the pose for my likes, but with a paint job that consists of more white and a little gold ornamentation they should turn out well. Shoulder-pad and sword are both from the 40k upgrade sprue (wrong mark of armor but it is far better looking than the FW mk IV ones).

Ahh another brother of the Ultramarines! looking good so far, really liking the weapon swaps you've done on the Chaplain to turn him into a Champion! much approval for making a Locutarus, i might just be glancing over them by accident but i haven't seen many of them around so nicely done there =) 

Can't wait to see more of your guys =)

Kenny

So over the last week I got my hands on twenty more BaC marines, a techmarine and my lightning! I have built maybe half of it but will post the starting pics on the squads that are built at some point tonight.

Welk tonight turned into a couple nights with the site maintenance., but I have uploaded more pictures to my gallery, but on mobile I can't figure out how to link the pictures in this post... so whenever I have a chance at home...

20160111 193555 1

20160111 193406

20160111 193449 1

So my dread is now nearly finished (just the basing to do really), and my Storm Squad is waiting on one bit from ebay to prime and start.

The Lightning will need some symbols scratched off, and the a long process of painting (half the weapons are magnetized, and the cockpit will be primed separately. I am also thinking I will attempt to prime the bottom corax white and the top blue... i'm not sure how well that idea will work but i think i'm going to give it a shot.

Archived