Codex Flesh Tearers

SM1981

GW Released an expansion to the codex today. It's supposed to be a supplement that gives extra detail in their dackground, some extra formations, chapter relics, detachments, etc. Anyone got it yet / is it any good? Also is there anything in there that adds to a vanilla Blood Angels army?

Basically what Im asking is it worth getting (in your opinions)?

Well, that would be good news IF there is real changes and new things, instead than a pale Copy/Paste of SoB book.

Plus, for the chapter relics, i really hope they give FT 6 normal/good relics, instead of those very very poor 3 they had in SoB. (The first and third were too much tyranids oriented. RG and WS got at least relics that weren't tau oriented, but usable in others confrontations).

So, i will wait for return and read it when it is available for DL, and only after that, should i decide to give it credits, if it deserve it. (I don't want to trow my money blindly into something that will surely be a simple copy/paste from SoB stuff).

Brothers.

I bought this today and as far as rules go everything looks the same. Nothing new from what I can tell. I'm at work and I'll give it a closer look at home but nothing earth shattering. They do have a bit more back story but nothing for the tabletop. I myself was disappointed that there wasn't more.

On a related note I was reading over the Raven Gaurd Codex promo spam, and saw that GW are saying that the formations / etc within can be used by any and all space marine chapters. Now that could be interesting...

Screenshot 2016 01 01 22 18 44

On a related note I was reading over the Raven Gaurd Codex promo spam, and saw that GW are saying that the formations / etc within can be used by any and all space marine chapters. Now that could be interesting...

I believe it's only armies from Codex: Space Marines that can take them, going off how it's written in Mont'Ka. Basically it just says that you don't have to use the Raven Guard Chapter Tactics to use the Raven Guard formations, only to get the detachment. Nothing about them being available to a Blood/Dark Angels army.

Well, for people like me who don't want to spend all the money for Shield of Baal: Exterminatus, I guess this is a good thing. A little bit disappointing that there's nothing new in it though.

How many formations are in this book?

4 formations, 1 Org chart. Pretty much whats in Exterminatus

Archived