An Alternate Heresy: The Crimson Teeth

Sheesh Mode

An Introduction

Greetings Everyone. This is one of several records of my ongoing project to create an alternate legion for an alternate 30k setting. It is heavily meso-american themed and will draw upon a variety of South American tropes as it matures in form and concept; though primarily it will use the Aztecs visual aesthetic. I've always felt 30k space marines simply weren't colorful enough, despite the galactic cultural separation. It speaks to an older spirit of the game when you field a hundred dudes in bright primary colors covered in blood. It is my fervent desire to field an army that commands attention throughout the room and the internet.
If you like well researched alternate legions, and even alternate Heresies, with flavorful and interesting themes then this project is for you. If you find those things unappealing and prefer the traditional setting then this project is not for you. Consider yourselves invited and forewarned.
Now, with liability out of the way lets push into the meat of the content.
This project was born from my interest in a group project on /tg/. The anons wanted to create an alternate  30k setting with more 'gritty realism' in it and a story revolving around different legions, primarchs and worlds. But with the same major plot points as the original. I joined out of a desire to test my writing skills and flesh out pieces of the original setting that interested me. The Crimson Teeth, 7th Legion of the 18 Legions Astartes, is the embryo of that idea.
The goal is to field a legion whose aesthetic and mythos are true to its source material while sticking true to the spirit of 30k/40k. I subscribe to the idea that 30k/40k is a setting of ridiculous space opera demanding larger-than-life events and characters to the point of parity. Yet at the same time the concept must be played straight to maintain the subtlety and effect of the joke; simultaneously including sufficient 'realism' to affect a sense of plausibility to the setting.

The Legion

The Crimson Teeth's theme, scheme, and fluff is constantly influenced by my research into Meso-American culture and mythos. The legion's colors each represent a different rank within the legion and are usually direct copies of Aztec military styles. At this time the accuracy of the representation is highly circumspect, but they still look great.
Here are some examples of the legion's color scheme. Credit to Russian Chapter Generator for its utility. It's been incredibly useful for this project.

Chaplain

12391887_1644269972528040_57231603084841

996764_1649009232054114_3674803614444364

Legion Command Squad

940828_1649021798719524_8030112098030856

This is all for now. More will come in the future.

**** YES! These are great, thanks!

I like the troops. But the chaplain is in my opinion a bit too much. But that is thx to the lore.

I am looking forward to you next marines.

Thank you. I actually think that Chaplain isn't ostentatious enough.

**** YES! These are great, thanks!

I like the troops. But the chaplain is in my opinion a bit too much. But that is thx to the lore.

I am looking forward to you next marines.

Thank you. I actually think that Chaplain isn't ostentatious enough.

Gnahajaj;) then i am curious how a ostentatious chaplain will look like.

I think the combination of shiny green on red plus blue arts were the overkill for me. I obly propagate the bling nowadays whixh is really conservative blingy ^^

Archived