Eye of the Unseen, Worth the Points?

Solrac

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to open up discussion on this Relic and get some opinions.

It's a Relic you can give to a Company Master, Interrogator Chaplain or Librarian and gives the character (and the squad by proxy) Fear and Preferred Enemy. Now this is Preferred Enemy everything as it doesn't not specify a faction. All this for the price of 8 Melta-bombs.

Is the cost worth it? I guess it would depend on the unit and whether you want to forgo other upgrades.

My initial thought on getting the most out of it would be to put it on a bare bones Libby and attach him to a Dev squad. If prescience doesn't go off you still have re-roll 1s to fall back on (would also save a lot of your Plasma Devs from killing themselves). I think this would be the most bang for your buck and would drastically increase their damage output.

What are your opinions? Too pricey for it's worth? Or would it only work in that perfect unit combo?

My Company Master has one (It?) he is often accompanied by a command squad carrying five grav guns...sooooooooooo worth it.

And then a libby with shroud as well, all of the models going in a pod for instand threat removal? :D

Just when I went and promised myself (and my wife) I wouldn't buy any more little plastic men, someone had to go and put another idea in my head....

Must buy grav guns...

That's what those ***holes at GW tend to do to us ;-)

Eye of the unseen with devastators or veterans sounds like the best and only point-worthy way to go.

A Company Master with lion's roar and eye of the unseen with a veteran squad of plasma guns on a drop. Nice.

Eye of the unseen with devastators or veterans sounds like the best and only point-worthy way to go.

A Company Master with lion's roar and eye of the unseen with a veteran squad of plasma guns on a drop. Nice.

Plasma? Why not grav? =) So many more shots, so much more beneficial from the potential rerolls. Especially with Sacred Standard...

Command Squad with grav gun x 4 + apothecary, Sacred Standard and a Drop Pod is 235. The CM is 145. Total: 380 pts. It's pricey, but damn it lays down the hurt :D

Dont have the guns.

In any case, the idea is sound.

The only thing that still bugs me with it is that it feels like a very expensive one trick pony. You drop, shoot, then what? Its a small squad. Easy to kill and slow yo move.

It creates a danger zone early in the game, though. That may be a good benefit of having it, beyond its first turn on the board

Maybe you could get a Command Squad with 4 gravs, apothecary and chapter banner for relentless, with a Company Master with the Eye and an Auspex, on a drop pod with a locator beacon, as a powerful prelude to a Deathwing Redemption Force. Dangerous stuff

Currently I use it on my TH/SS Terminator Company Master that joins DW Knights - thanks to their high WS and S they usually fail only on 1s and 2s. PE makes it so that those precious Smite attacks don't whiff or fail to wound because of that damn 1.

I'd like to try it out on a shooty plasma team in a drop pod with a Psyker. I only wish we could take relics on Techmarines.

Archived