Skull helms

Mightykin

Hi everyone,

I am trying to convert a model to make a unique chaplain and I am short of a skull helmet. Anyone know any trust worthy bit suppliers or third part suppliers where I could get an awesome looking chaplain helmet. I just don't want to do a bare headed chaplain and I think skull helmets compliment the ideology of chaplains.

Thanks in advance.

M

To be honest, I've never seen a worthy 3rd party one and I say that as an avid Anvil fan.

Legion of The Damned have some mk. VII and VI helmets that have been partially or wholly skullified. Then there's the power axe sergeant whose head is damned perfect.

You could always freehand the skull, almost like a NIght Lord terror marking. It would be different,

Yup, I used this one as it is skully without anything obviously chaotic about it.

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/images/chaos_space_marine_head_5_large.jpg

Huh? I don't see anything skull-like on this helmet. Just a bit of warping that makes the helmet look "meaner".

This helmet looks like a skull (with bunny ears).

Admittedly its a terrible angle on that picture - here from google:

death-guard-chaos-marine-head-1.jpg

I'm still not really seeing it. The lens housings are shaped a bit like eye sockets, but that's about it. The rest is a traditional helmet. No nasal cavity, no upper (or lower) jaw, just a normal rebreather/voicebox (forgot the imperial name). Last time I checked there are no rivets on the top of most skulls either.

Not that I don't like that helmet, but I don't think it is a skull helmet.

For me, it's the best loyalist option unless you happen to be able to somehow procure a skull helm from a Chaplain model/LotD. The additional angles above the pipes make it look like it has cheek bones, when it's painted up appropriately it looks convincing. I've always felt the 'zerker helm looks too cartoonish even for followers of Khorne with its pointy dagger teeth. Maybe for Flesh Eaters as it would fit their iconography and rep a bit more, but for a loyalist chapter it just doesn't seem quite right. Dittio the other Chaos helm that's frequently used, the one with one row of teeth, I always see Chaos.

Archived