Ours is the Shadow of War. Legio X, the Iron Hands.

BeatTheBeat

I just noticed the description for the latest model and especially these lines:

And then, like one, the assembled warriors on both sides charged towards each other, past and over their champions' prone forms. Yet instead of blows, there were embraces and booming laughter. It was then that I begun to understand that strangest of bonds that these two Legions share."

You damn dirty Laers! You blew it up all to hell!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys!

Actually I'm now painting some Eldar (AAAAAAH! HERESY!) and enjoying it tremendously, it's nice to paint something super clean and non-weathered after a few years (...) of battle weary Astartes.

I can't post it here unfortunately, so I made an instagram account: slowandpurposeless

Please follow me there if you like, there might be some more Astartes incoming, but for now I'm enjoying Eldar and other random things!

Cheers,
BeatTheBeat

• 5 months later...

The keys of Hel have been invoked and this thread rises yet again from the dead. For how long, no one knows biggrin.png

Rebuilt and repainted the Centurion, hopefully the Sergeant will follow next.

http://i.imgur.com/naVHxge.png

Shield-Centurion Abraxes Toras

1031st Expeditionary Fleet Detachment, Clan Lumarii, Legio X Adeptus Astartes

_________

"We fight today not for our friends and brothers in arms, but for our Emperor, for our Primarch, for our mortal fathers and mothers before us and their fathers and mothers before them, and for their sons and daughters and theirs in turn who have yet to be born to this cold world. So strive not for your own life, strive for victory that your death may live eternal in their songs, that your names might be remembered a thousand years from now, when our kin sit down around their feeble fires and say "The night; It is dark, but darker it could have been!". We go for them, brothers, to death we go for them!"

- Shield-Centurion Abraxes Toras, outset of the Pamyrra Void-Siege, M30

Cheers,
BTB

Hopefully 8th Edition will make choosing two power fists as opposed to a power fist and a lightning claw worth it.

Bonus points for his pose not being the "you better reload quick son because my fists never run out of ammo" one. While hilarious, it just doens't fist Iron Hands. And speaking of the pose, it's amazing.

We go for them, brothers, to death we go for them!"

Ow, my heart. Wait, no, that was just a bee in the empty space in my chest. My... feels? Yeah, that sounds adequate.

I don't remember many Legio X plogs, but you make the most human Iron Hands I can recall. Which is probably a worse insult than comparing a khorne berzerker to Gandhi, but oh well.

Archived