CC / mid range oriented Ad Mech Army

DeStinyFiSh

Hi all,

I have got a game (just for fun) against Khorne Daemonkin on Saturday, 1850 points.

Since I love the Infiltrators and Dragoons (and want to try my Ruststalkers), I was thinking about a CC / mid range oriented army, just for fun, and see how they work against the close combat maniacs biggrin.png

I was thinking about

1 Battle Maniple with Ruststalkers, Infiltrators, Plasma Vanguard, Arc Rangers, Dragoons and a Phosphor Crawler

1 Knight (Warden sounds nice)

1 Assassin (Eversor of course cool.png )

1 Dominus Maniple (the new formation) to bring in a Tech Priest, more Plasma Vanguard and an anti air crawler

My questions now:

What do you think about the CC potential of Ad Mech ?

Do you think the army above could work in generel ?

Do you think it will work against the Daemonkin ?

Would you change something ? I am thinking about Kastelans or an Inquisitor with grenades (Rad grenades work well with Infiltrators).

At the moment I do not have Electro Priests or more Sicarians or more Knights, but I would be able to prox them if I wish to.

Against khorne demons do you really need plasma vanguard??? That said I think the plasma vanguard aren't that big an upgrade because then you want omnispex and its like 5 vanguard for 1 gun (or 13 for 3), but you don't also get the meat of extra wounds.

Priest do well against demons. It's what they were made to fight almost

Kastelans do well against demons litany easily untarpits them, and they can go toe to toe with most things.

I wouldn't personally take a battle maniple, unless it makes you feel good or you wanted a war convocation. The loss of vanguard alone...

Phospher crawlers are bad kastelans. Make it a neutron laser to show how well you domi o er compensates.

How many models do you have in your Sicarian and Sydonian units? I also do not think plasma in needed. Though I am usually not a fan, I think in this case, the Phosphoenix would serve you well. BTW, who is going to be the warlord? 

I would also consider the Icarus upgrade for the knight. 

Archived