The Forge of Souls - First steps with the Adeptus Mechanicus

Halandaar

Hello all!

So, on a recent trip to GW to get paint supplies, I found myself "accidentally" picking up one of the rather deal-tastic "Start Collecting! Skitarii" boxes. I'm not necessarily looking to build a full army at this stage (although that may well change over time), but rather to build a small allied contingent to accompany other armies.

I have a few decisions to make before I get too involved in building and painting, namely which Forge World I want to represent and what colour scheme to use! I don't want to use one of the schemes presented in the Codexes, and from a background perspective, I'd like to use a world in the rough area of the Maelstrom and the Tau Empire to justify why they'd have come in to contact with my other armies.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Adeptus_Mechanicus_Forge_Worlds_zpsfdurkwgb.png

So, based on this handy galaxy map, there are a few options. I don't want Ryza or Metalica, Sarum is a Dark Mechanicus world, the Estaban worlds (III and VII) and Incaladion have ties to Heresy and Tigrus is ruled out by virtue of being an Ork world now. That leaves me with;

Accatran - Notable for producing the lightweight bullpup style Lasguns used by the Elysian Drop Troops.

Anvillus IX - Notable for producing the first Land Raiders and Dreadclaw Drop Pods.

Triplex Phall - Notable for it's Lasgun variant and the Sentinel Powerlifter (woo).

I've not been able to determine if any of these three worlds have colour schemes already defined, whether in image or written form. Does anybody know if schemes exist for them?

If not and I've got a free hand for any of them, that will be something else to ponder on!

Accatran has Legio Destructor - Beasts of Steel.

Triplex Phall has Legio Victorum - Foe Slayers (blue / gold)

But there have been no images of their Mech proper. I've checked every FW book (when I was doing my research on Forge Worlds some time earlier).

Accatran has Legio Destructor - Beasts of Steel.

Triplex Phall has Legio Victorum - Foe Slayers (blue / gold)

But there have been no images of their Mech proper. I've checked every FW book (when I was doing my research on Forge Worlds some time earlier).

These are Titan Legions, right? Do Legions based on better known Forge Worlds typically have similar colours to their Mechanicus comrades?

And, if it helps, there's a Triplex Phall logo sheet in the Downloads section.

I did see those actually, thanks. Are they your own design?

...based on the logo on the Mechanicus map you posted earlier. Vel'Cona commissioned 'em middle of last year.

How thoroughly dense of me. "As ever Watson, you see but you do not observe..." 

Odd that it has it's own "official" icon but no further support.

Archived