viewasjack's 3rd Company - The Unmerciful

cretacianborn

Looking good so far!

As for the Caliban Green spray, I've used it, twice in fact. The first can I had the nozzle clogged up, and the second can seemed to run out of propellant. Maybe I was unlucky, but I switched to Army Painters Angel Green and haven't looked back. 

Can't wait to see the rest of your 3rd Company guys. 

Really good start especially with so long away. To be honest I tend to avoid faces myself. I'm sure someone will beable to offer you some advice though.

Edited for dyslexia

Careful! The whole "I promise I'll paint all these before I buy any more" is a slippery slope. I said that after buying a dark vengeance set and two boxes of bikers. I'm now at 8000 points of dark Angels, 2500 other marines, 2500 squat-guards and so many tyranids that it makes me dizzy to contemplate painting them all!!

Keep it up though, I look forward to seeing your devastators.

They don't look Tron-esque at all, it's actually pretty subdued. Tron-esque happens when you take the dark Caliban Green and highlight it directly with Moot Green, no layers and no shading or glazing to merge the two.

One thing you may consider (and this comes from my odd brain) is only highlighting the edges that would actually reflect light from your imaginary light source. For instance, if the light is coming from above, there is no real reason or way the bottom edges of the armor plates would reflect light, unless it is bouncing off a reflective surface at their feet or something. Might help with your feeling of Tron if you don't have that highlight going all the way around the armor plates.

You can have a Force anything... If it is a blunt weapon like a mace or staff, you use the Force Stave rules for it per Page 178, Warhammer 40,000 The Rules. If the Str+2/AP4/Concussive benefit seems useful to you, keep the mace.

The full Scout squad looks excellent!
Keep up the good work!

I was going to say about using a darker green for the highlight but you already got to that and about doing only where the light source would be coming from but I was beat to that too by Blaire. lol.
Seriously keep up the good work!

Archived