'Common' BA unit?

Firepower

So in my usual flighty fashion, I'm looking at maybe possibly potentially doing a small BA force, but most likely I would just paint a squad.

But all the same, I like to build things 'to code,' as if I'd ever put them on a gaming table.  But I haven't a clue what the BA are like on the tabletop these days, or the most typical units.  And I haven't got a BA codex :lol:

If I wasn't sick of painting black, I'd just whip up some Death Company, but for some masochistic reason I feel like taking on red (again).

To be less rambly, what's a typical BA unit like these days, in terms of armaments?  Are Assault/Vanguard squads in vogue, or is it all Tacticals these days?  What guns/weapons are most common?  Basically, what could I count on to use in any typical BA list?

Flamer/heavy Flamer (yes we get those) Tactical squad in a drop pod.

Two Meltagun Assault squad (same note as above) in drop pod or with jump packs.

The problem is BA have several options so it might be difficult to find a unit that is in every "typical" list. The closest you'd get to that would be DC.

I'd like a squad to refine my reds on before tackling a showcase level attempt smile.png

Red has gotten super easy with the new bases. Mephiston all over for an even coat, earthshade into the recesses, evil sunz highlight and youre done. Everything but mephiston is just one coat. If you want to go further, add an extreme fire dragon bright highlight.

What's more, the tactical squad and assault squad just need a HQ choice to be a legal army using the Flesh Tearer Strike Force Formation.

Dooooo iiiiit.

I second, third and forth the squad of assault marine. They are such a staple of my blood angels army, I would recommend you magnetise the backpacks so if you do get round to using them on the table  you have the option. Five guys in a drop pod with two melta guns and a sargent gun slinging two inferno pistols seems to be the go to combination at the moment.

Have to admit as much as I enjoy painting DC because of the mental picture I get of what they are about to do to xenos & heretics, I do in fact, prefer to paint astartes. The meph red, agrax, evil suns and I mix the yellow for the ASM helmets with the evil suns to triple stage. Its fun, easy and looks great.

Archived