Perfection and attrition, the eternal blog for the III Legio

01RTB01

Eidolon's eyes flickered open. He could see the gleaming white and shining lights... "The apothecarian" he realised. It slowly dawned on him he was on his back and seemingly unable to move. The vulnerability sent a shiver of thrill down his spine. Memories slowly coming back to him. Yes... The thrill and glory of battle. He had been fighting Autek Mor... Mor's bodyguard had been butchered by his palatine blades. Prefector Cyrus had acquitted himself well against the champion and had slain him with a well placed thrust. So why was he here?...

Realisation slowly came to him. As he and his retinue circled Mor a great darkness washed over them, as he looked up he saw the flaming carcass of an imperial knight falling towards him like a comet. He remembered the searing heat washing over his flesh, his flesh and hair on fire and the deliciousness of the impending void. With this a familiar face stood over him. Lucid skin, long, lank white hair and a smile to send chills down the spine of the bravest warrior...

"Worry not Risen Commander. Our forces were victorious and much seed has been harvested. Your fall must be attributed to Argus Panoptes. He slew the knight in single combat. I'm told that he tore at the knight and with unknown strength launched the battered giant across the field of battle. In it's death throes and reactor meltdown you and your retinue were torn asunder. Mor survived until hunted down by Panoptes. It seems as though even in almost death he continues to cause you pain. Thankfully Chaplain Parminedes' body was also recovered and he, like you, are now further enroute to perfection."

Victory was without question, thought Eidolon as he lay there. Slain by an inanimate object... That was a little harder to swallow...

I've started building my breachers but no progress to write about or pictures beyond that. Managed a game on Saturday against my mate's iron tenth. Great game and a lot of fun. Highlights of the game included eidolon dying to friendly fire. The leviathan had killed a knight in combat, it scattered and landed dead centre of combat between autek mor, eidolon, chaplain and remaining palatines. Somehow autek more survived. I pursued with the leviathan and despite choom and melta he lived! Thankfully a round of phosphex managed to finish him off.

Castroman Orth with a single lascannon hit killing my contemptor was also impressive. First round of shooting from "the Dreamweavers" (kakophoni) killed 3 missile launcher marines with shooting. They failed their bio psychic shock test and 5 more imploded leaving 2. Pretty impressive! However, the 2 remaining continued to be a thorn and stripped the venator of its main gun - sponsons for future!

Overall a minor victory for the III but more importantly good fun and good catch up.

Assuming it gets warmer I'd like to crack on with my kakophoni and then breachers. Then I'll have my troops painted up. This may take some time.

As always any thoughts or comments are appreciated. With life and work I'm somewhat exhausted at the minute and motivation for brushwork is a tad lacking. Hoping for painting or modelling updates shortly.

Cheers!

Good evening all!

Hobby time has been short lately. Managed to swiftly put together a wip 3rd company elite breacher. I'm quite happy so far! It's achieving what I was after without, I think, looking too ott.

As always, thoughts and comments appreciated :)

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g392/rtb01/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1827_zpsuaafnxdi.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g392/rtb01/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1828_zpsa6mts5ut.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g392/rtb01/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1829_zps0sewuacb.jpg

• 4 months later...

And so like Eidolon, this blog shall be resurrected...

It's the summer holidays and once again I pick up glue and brush and start again. We've a baby boy expected in October so this summer will require some serious hobby work.

I'm currently suffering with conjunctivitis so painting will commence in a few days.

Next on the slab will be kakophoni, palatines, breachers and siege breaker in cataphractii.

All support and comments are welcome as motivation can be lacking at times!

What first? Character/ palatines/ kakophoni/ breachers?...

Archived