Magmadroth as a Creature of Caliban? What is exactly the...

HsojVvad

Been a while since I touched my Dark Angels. Was thinking of a new project to help my disabled daughter learn how to play 40K since she just loves rolling dice, and 40K rolls lots of dice. :D

So I am thinking of making ala Battle of Macragge style beginner rule set. So what do you think of the Mamadroth as a Creature of Caliban? If not, what were exactly the creatures of Caliban or what ever was terrorizing the habitants of Caliban? What were they? What did they look like? How many were there and how did the planet react to once they were all eliminated?

What do you think? Let's discus. 

It works perfectly, but then so does pretty much anything else you want to use - AOS Chaos beasties, Lizardman big lizards, dragons, griffins, the various FW monstrous creations, other companies monsters, plastic dinosaurs, the neighbour's cat (may need feeding after the game). The beasts of Caliban came in many different shapes and sizes, all of them true chimeras (in the genetic, not mythological sense), so let your imagination go wild.

Been a while since I touched my Dark Angels. Was thinking of a new project to help my disabled daughter learn how to play 40K since she just loves rolling dice, and 40K rolls lots of dice. biggrin.png

So I am thinking of making ala Battle of Macragge style beginner rule set. So what do you think of the Mamadroth as a Creature of Caliban? If not, what were exactly the creatures of Caliban or what ever was terrorizing the habitants of Caliban? What were they? What did they look like? How many were there and how did the planet react to once they were all eliminated?

What do you think? Let's discus.

Beasts of Caliban were warp creatures. They could range from warp spawns to monolithic creatures similar to some of the tyranid biotitans. It doesn't say how many there were, but the inhabitants of Caliban struggled against them for millenia.

The planet thrived once they were fully eradicated and marines stationed on Caliban were converted to a garrison force.

There were some giant warp changed looking Tiger/Panther/Lion like creatures.
Read both the DA Horus Heresy novels "Descent of Angels" and "Fallen Angels" They both have scenes with some of the Beasts of Caliban in it. One being lion/tiger like and the other with giant worm creatures.

Pretty much any normal creatures you can think of could be turned into a Beast of Caliban. Just make it grossly enlarged, over exaggerated/slightly altered aspects of the creature because of the warp.

The giant feline creatures had hair/skin/hide that was stronger than most normal metals and such.

Archived