LoW

Angron

HQ

chaplain, power axe, artificer armour, refractor field, melta bombs

Elite

5 red butchers twin chain axe

2 apothecaries

Troops

5 terminator squad, 4 power axes, chain axe.

8 man veteran squad, melta bombs, power fist, artificer armour

10 tactical squad vox, combi melta, vexilla

Heavy support

2 land raiders, armour ceramite

Land raider Spartan, flair shields, armour ceramite

Whirlwind scorpus

Angron goes with a apothecary and the terminators go in the Spartan, the chaplain and other apothecary go with the vets in a land raider and the butchers go in the other land raider. The tactical squad holds home objective and spots for the whirlwind.

What's people's thoughts?

NEVER Drop flare shields EVER They alongside Armored Ceramite are what give the Spartan its reputation.

Otherwise, I'd go with Calliums suggestions.

Oh, except your Chaplain is your only HQ and the Primus is a Support Officer. :/

Your Red Butchers are actually Troops too. They still won't score, but will count towards the compulsory choices for PotL. Maybe lose the normal Terminators and bump your Tacticals (with added chainaxes) to 20? Angron, the Apothecary and Chaplain can all ride with them in the Spartan - will be a solid unit.

The Veterans can then go up to 9, plus the Apothecary, and maybe go Tank Hunting? :)

^

Just what the Potato was going to recommend.

20 despoilers with Angron leading the charge, coming out of a Spartan, is one of the most fun moments you can have. It will wreck nearly anything it connects with. Plop apocs with the tacs & vets.

Small additions:

The Devoured in the Butchers definitely needs some of his own melee weapons. Twin chainfist is also very good for AV and the kit comes with delicious models for them.

I'd drop the combi-melta on the tac sarge and replace it with a power fist. World Eaters deserve to be in combat, pfist is more useful and not invalidated by armoured ceramite

Some special weapons on the Veterans? Meltas or some power weapons.

Give the Chaplain two melee weapons. Thunder hammer & Caedere weapon is what I'm using. If he's running with meltabomb vets he'll be in combat and using them both.

Updated list so I've added a primus medica to go with angron and his terminators, I forgot to say the devourer has twin chain fists. I've dropped an apothecary and the melta bombs from the vets to add the primus medica. Your all be happy to hear I've kept the flair shields

Twin chainfists is a waste of pts because you can just take a chainfist and a normal fist and have the same number of attacks all with armorbane. It's a small pts save but every point counts. 

I like the concept overall, an whole army that's basically in raiders/spartans seems like a lot of fun. I'm not sure how much value the tacticals will have though, they'll do nothing all game. I'd rather have say a vet unit that can at least sit back field with a missile launcher, drop the whirlwind as well and use those pts to take 2 medusas. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. My idea behind the tactical squad is to claim any home objective and to spot for the scorpus which will be hidden.

What's people thoughts on dropping the whirlwind and tactical squad for a leviathan with a grav bombard?

As a Black Templar player who regulary runs Land Raider spam I can safely say that for this type of army to work you need a distraction carnifex.

One thing that constantly happend to me was that my land raiders would all be blown up by turn 2 and 3 due to them being the most scary thing on the board. I finally got an ironclad dreadnought and it worked wonders. Basically I would drop that thing wherever I saw my opponents line to be weakest and let him wreck havok. It actually worked, my opponents would be forced to work around that ironclad, allowing me to have some leaway with his him and more importantly allowing my land raiders to be unscathed. 

Keep in mind, that was with some little dreadnought, imagine how scary it would be to drop a leviathan into your opponents backside. 

TLDR: Its worth it, you'll love it.

^

This is great advice. There's a fluff bonus too - the Leviathan's occupants are often a bit more unhinged/ aggressive than normal. Siege claw and siege drill, in a DDP, with phosphex. Would be amazing. But finding 350 points is hard.

• 4 weeks later...

Right after a few trials and listening to advice from you guys this is my new list

RoW pride of the legion

LoW

Angron

HQ

chaplain, power axe, artificer armour, refractor field, melta bombs

Elite

5 red butchers twin chain axe

1 apothecaries

Troops

5 terminator squad, 4 power axes, chain fist

8 man veteran squad, power fist, artificer armour

Heavy support

2 land raiders, armour ceramite

Land raider Spartan, flair shields, armour ceramite

Laviatian, siege claw, grav-flux bombard, phosphex discharged

Dreadnought drop pod

Angron goes with the terminators in the Spartan, the chaplain and apothecary go with the vets in a land raider and the butchers go in the other land raider.

What's people's thoughts on my new list?

Hmm, so I definetly like the list. The only thing that seems out of place to me is the Chaplain. Whilst providing hatred is great I think that gavingg that new apothecary character would be quite well.

Another deficiency I see is the lack of scoring, you only have two things that can score. Nevertheless since this is a world eaters list, that may not be a problem ;).

Archived