Mixing a squad of Death Company with a DA army

GruntAngel

Hi guys,

I bought a DA army to complete mine and there was a group of 10 models from the Death Company. All with jetpack, 2 with TH.

In the fluff of my chapter that death company would be composed of captured fallens, lobotimized and sent to their death to atone for their sins one last time. Also I love the BA chapter and wanted to honor those models by given them a story of their own in mine.

I'll get my hand on their statistics soon enough and I understand I'll need an HQ to field them but I wanted your opinion regarding their utility in a DA army. I have pretty much everything for the DA and would like to use the DC once in a while.

Is there any interesting synergy for a death company squad in a DA army? I'm a new player and haven't faced or sided with Blood Angels yet so any comment or suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just on a fluff note, aside from the notion that DA would use Fallen in battle, or that there would ever be enough at one time to field a squad, a lobotomy would remove aggression rather than enhancing it.  Perhaps it would be better if they were 'interrogated' to the point that they've been driven mad, and there was no further purpose to them than to spend their final hours in service to the Throne they betrayed? ;)

Well, maybe not lobotomised in the way we do it, but some Servitors are used for combat, and they're pretty aggresseive, and are definitely lobotomised.

Really, the main fluff argument against this is that the Fallen are supposed to be pretty rare, but I suppose about 10 isn't too much for a Chapter to have "stocked up".

Yeah 10 is a lot but then again I saw my chapter as a political beast thus gaining more chances of first pick and they hide almost every catch they made so far (now imagine what will happen if the da ever learn something like that furious.gif ). You might always need a few ones to help decipher the mad litany of Luther (tx Xenith that's a nice touch) and simply torturing and killing them is not enough anyway. Thus the ritual.

So I saw them as grossly modified with cybernetics in order to activate their feelings of aggression on command only (well.. you can always hope since it's 40k after all). All to prevent any possible recovery or escape, but just enough to leave intact a part of their former self (and their formidable combat abilities..). It's cruel and barbaric, absolutely heretical regarding the original da chapter but then again I don't want to paint some green smurfs.

Edit: The trigger: If they ever found say 3-5 fallens at the same time they must have believed they where chosen, forgiven and thus have to help their brothers to wash their honor too. That is their sacred duty. They see the Emperor as a man but they revere him as a God thus making them very close to the Inquisition and the Ecclesiarchy.

Archived