Dos' Path to Redemption - The Oath

Dosjetka

"Do you, Dosjetka, accept your role in this? Do you promise to lead your men into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory, no matter the ferocity or ingenuity of the foe? Do you swear to crush the greenskins of Khoesh, despite all they might throw at you? Do you pledge to bring honour to the Chapter, the Unforgiven, and the Emperor?"

"On this matter, and by this weapon, I swear."

-I- -I- -I- -I- -I-

[load pict feed]

[loading...]

gallery_45765_11674_152048.png

[pict feed interruption]

[+ CRITICAL ERROR +]

[+ REBOOT IN 3... 2... 1... +]

First.....

Legion.rolleyes.gif

Welcome Brother, nice choice of marine you have there. I hope to see many more in the future, I am slowing so you young folk need to pick up the slack laugh.png

biggrin.png

BS

EDIT: Critique time; he looks great, love your light bone, the highlights and the weathering is fantastically subtle. But, don't be afraid of deeper darker recesses (both armour and icons) for a better contrast and to help him pop...and you need to add some colour to the right tactical arrow ASAP.

Thanks for the feedback, Stobz. ;)

But, don't be afraid of deeper darker recesses (both armour and icons) for a better contrast and to help him pop...

Good point. The colours are a bit washed out due to the harsh light I use for taking pictures but I also didn't want to put pure Argax Earthshade because clean-up is a nightmare and I wanted to get the model as quickly as possible. The aim with this project is to overlook minor mistakes and cut a few corners to have a fully painted and based marine in one painting session.

and you need to add some colour to the right tactical arrow ASAP.

That bad? Well, I don't want to add an extra colour to the model so it'll either be black (like on the knee pad) or dark red. Thoughts?

RED.

Hell I use a brown wash on my DW dudes, that stuff makes agrax look like milk. Hell of a job to tidy but worth it, I'd never consider watering down agrax for recesses, I do for plate shading though... :)

Anyhoo, if you are happy that is the most important thing.  He looks coolio, and the balance between speed painting and golden daemon efforts always requires a little sacrifice :devil:

bs

I think it gives that nice triangle pull. You look at the shoulder across to other shoulder and then down to the one knee pad.

It's a nice way to get a table ready paint job in a short amount of time.

In the end if you're happy, that's what matters.

Welcome to the First, Brother!

RED.

Hell I use a brown wash on my DW dudes, that stuff makes agrax look like milk. Hell of a job to tidy but worth it, I'd never consider watering down agrax for recesses, I do for plate shading though... smile.png

Anyhoo, if you are happy that is the most important thing. He looks coolio, and the balance between speed painting and golden daemon efforts always requires a little sacrifice devil.gif

bs

I'll think about adding red and will see if I do it or not. I quite like the off-white and it makes for quicker painting. :D

Oh, I know that compared to proper brown washes, Argax is rather weak but it works well for this project so I'll stick to my guns. ;)

I couldn't agree more. :devil:

Welcome to the first Legion! Looking forward to see what else you will have!!!

Thank you, Luci!

I think it gives that nice triangle pull. You look at the shoulder across to other shoulder and then down to the one knee pad.

It's a nice way to get a table ready paint job in a short amount of time.

In the end if you're happy, that's what matters.

Welcome to the First, Brother!

I'm glad you like it as is. :)

Thank you!

I like the model. Colour scheme/palatte is great. My only comment would be that I think he'd look truly majesterial on a much darker colour base - it would contrast well with his bone armour and throw him forward.

Cheers

I

Archived