How to include a leviathan dreadnought

FarFromSam

Hey guys, I received and painted my first forgeworld unit, a leviathan dreadnought. He is awesome. I also finished the contemptor from bac, and a converted dread from the old aobr.

So, I obviously wanted to field them all together in a DW centered dreadnought/tactical dreadnought armour list.

The problem is it's difficult to do with our current dex since the leviathan counts as a heavy choice, and our lovely codex does not include an option for an all Deathwing list with a heavy support choice.

So, the solution I seek from you brothers is preferably, a dreadnought only detachment that could include the leviathan. I'm not up to date on other detachments, or forgeworld options, I'm hoping this exists. If not, a cheap detachment that includes a heavy choice which would be cheaper than the prerequisite hq, and two troop choices of a CAD.

Everyone loves dreadnoughts, and I appreciate your help.

Thanks y'all.

Hey there

If your running deathwing then I'm pretty sure you don't have any objective secured units so I just go unbound and take the three dreads as stand alone additions. Otherwise your paying points for another Hq and two troops choices (which will be Obj sec) but with deathwing you'll find you don't have the points to play with. Deathwing is very hard to play in the current game format.

take him in a CAD and use him for derpstrike, he lands and leaps out from behind a bush and derps someone in the face. hes heavy enough to take the burden of being shot at by some things and he is too cumbersome and short ranged to walk up the table. use him like codex space marines use the ironclad, in fact thats exactly what he is a better ironclad

Archived