Raven Guard Chaplain WIP

averykess

So when I saw the new Blood Angel chaplain and those wings here, I knew I had to get one and mod it up for my Raven Guard army.  I replaced the Inferno Pistol with a snazzy Bolt Pistol and did my quick and dirty true-scaling (all my Ravens are up-scaled).  I removed all the BA iconography and added some brass-etch from FW and green stuffed over the exposed muscles.  The heresy bumps on the leg are 2mm glass beads, the heresy shoulder is FW as well.  It still needs a bit of cleanup before paint, and I am not sure I like the head (it is not glued yet)

Here is the result:

23991557673_4aa8922719_c.jpg

23991555753_31440d1f1f_c.jpg

But then I saw something totally awesome on Forge World's site here, and found the bit on eBay.  

So now he looks like this:

24250607969_5066069acf_c.jpg

24536150021_ff7347080a_c.jpg

23990217154_28065ff228_c.jpg

23991559753_059e25d19a_c.jpg

Impressive work. A pity no raven skull masks are available to differentiate the Raven Guard Chaplain from one from any other Codex Chapter.

Nice conversion though I'm not sold on the head.

Yeah, the head is kinda meh.  Unfortunately the winged collar interferes with beakie helmets and I am not a fan of marines without helmets

Impressive work. A pity no raven skull masks are available to differentiate the Raven Guard Chaplain from one from any other Codex Chapter.

I swear there used to be a skeletal Corvus helm on that RG upgrade kit (the non-HH one) Forge World sells, but it seems to have disappeared. Can anyone else confirm this or am I going crazy?

Aside from that, I remember theres a skele-crow helm in the Legion of the Damned squad:

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99810101080_DamnedLegionaires2NEW01.jpg

That just gave me a really cool vision of some sort of plague doctor version of the skull head. Worth a google sometime if you're not familiar with the way they look. 

I swear there used to be a skeletal Corvus helm on that RG upgrade kit (the non-HH one) Forge World sells, but it seems to have disappeared. Can anyone else confirm this or am I going crazy?

Aside from that, I remember theres a skele-crow helm in the Legion of the Damned squad:

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99810101080_DamnedLegionaires2NEW01.jpg

Not a Raven Skull Corvus helm, but there is one where the cheek vents are hollowed out slightly. With the right paint job, it looks quite skeletal. 

Not a Raven Skull Corvus helm, but there is one where the cheek vents are hollowed out slightly. With the right paint job, it looks quite skeletal. 

Is that head available separately?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived