black templar pariah marines?

Guest Triszin

Guest Triszin
I had a thought, since black templar don't use pyskers. Would it be plausible and fluffy if they had hidden away a few pariahs, made them Marines and utilized them to further kill the witch?

May I introduce you to the Silent Sword Crusade?

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/318097-the-silent-sword-crusade/

I think it's a perfect fit, in terms of fluff. I feel it is entirely within the wheelhouse of the Black Templars to use any necessary tool to achieve victory in the Great Crusade. Anyone who is immune to the warp would be a great asset, though from the writing that I have found they describe the occurance of that particular gene, be it dominant or recessive, is exceedingly rare.

My Crusade includes descendants of the Sisters of Silence, well known Pariahs before and during the Heresy. Though there aren't any solid rules for such characters or units that could be directly applied to BT armies, it certainly makes for a group that would get along just fine with the Templar ethos.

Pariahs are also described as deeply unsettling to "normals" as well as psykers.  So they'd not only have to understand the pariah gene and what it is (remember, we know things about the setting that aren't remotely common knowledge, even among storied institutions like the Adeptus Astartes), but overcome the whole "this mutant is making me feel weird" thing.  Not a restraint I'd expect of many Templars.

That said, it's your army.  They can all be shapeshifted unicorns and I'd give you a thumbs up.  :thumbsup:

Pariahs are also described as deeply unsettling to "normals" as well as psykers.  So they'd not only have to understand the pariah gene and what it is (remember, we know things about the setting that aren't remotely common knowledge, even among storied institutions like the Adeptus Astartes), but overcome the whole "this mutant is making me feel weird" thing.  Not a restraint I'd expect of many Templars.

That said, it's your army.  They can all be shapeshifted unicorns and I'd give you a thumbs up.  :thumbsup:

There's two stated results of the gene, Pariahs are described as having a dominant gene that would give them that "unsettling" trait which is referred to a lot. There are also those who are termed as "Blanks" who have the recessive gene and are not as potent to those around them. Sure there's all varying degrees between, all things considered.

Surely comparing the mindset of 30k to 40k will result in differences. The Sisters of Silence were almost comprised of Pariahs, and they were the ones who operated & protected the Black Ships. Within the Imperium they were widely respected, and that would be due to a history of service to the Emperor. 

I feel as time and legend fades fact, Pariahs have become more curiosity than monstrosity.

A Black Templar is quitting his job at the His Royal Beefiness, a Psyker, an Orc, an Eldar, a Pariah and a Daemonkin are standing in line. The Templar says, "You're Cool - I'M OUT"

He also shoots the Psyker point blank before walking out.

Edited by Brother Tyler
profanity removed

There's two stated results of the gene, Pariahs are described as having a dominant gene that would give them that "unsettling" trait which is referred to a lot. There are also those who are termed as "Blanks" who have the recessive gene and are not as potent to those around them. Sure there's all varying degrees between, all things considered.

Surely comparing the mindset of 30k to 40k will result in differences. The Sisters of Silence were almost comprised of Pariahs, and they were the ones who operated & protected the Black Ships. Within the Imperium they were widely respected, and that would be due to a history of service to the Emperor. 

I feel as time and legend fades fact, Pariahs have become more curiosity than monstrosity.

A Black Templar is quitting his job at the His Royal Beefiness, a Psyker, an Orc, an Eldar, a Pariah and a Daemonkin are standing in line. The Templar says, "You're Cool - I'M OUT"

He also shoots the Psyker point blank before walking out.

He shoots the orc, eldar and daemonkin as well, or is your hatred of witches blinding you to to all the other things we hate.

Edited by Brother Tyler
quoted profanity removed

• 1 year later...

I knew there was already a topic about it.

I was toying with the idea of a Templar Pariah Witch hunter too, when I put to together my list for a Raven Guard force, when I say what the Force Power "Null Zone" is all about.

What do you think about a Templar Pariah Witch hunter counts as Libarian with the Null Zone power?

Null Zone would be his Pariah trait, which he pushes outwards by sheer force of will and psyker hate (Psykertest). Smite would be the Animus Speculum the Templars aquired as his weapon (not skull mounted), still requires the test, because he is not trained to focus his power in this weapon like Culexi.

Thread Necromany? What is that ?

20150918_163111.jpg

(In fact I never understood why putting up old threads is a bad thing)

Personally I'm planning to launch a crusade with some background fluff:

During a Geonide Crusade, in the time of some raid against Greater deamon, after slaying him, thle last think that he made was opening warp rift, that sucks whole squad of BT, and some Ordo Hereticus Inquistior into the warp, and they're thrown out somehere... . So I'm planning to put an inquisitor in army (probably greyfax, because she can deny twice), and in fluff wise theme it will be good I think. There is said that during this crusade BT and Inquisition fought together vs chaos.... . So.

But on the game side of this. Will be better to put greyfax as auxiliary detachment or take some inquisitorial stuff to make battalion?

If you want Greyfax, you can bring her in a patrol with 2 troops.... each with one model. I'd use a pair of guardsmen to represent them, they are cheap and can take boltguns. She's an interesting choice because she is a psyker who hates psykers... I suspect a great deal of self loathing.